By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can Both Playstation and Xbox Survive If Nintendo Makes A Console Comeback?

Who Drops Out if Nintendo Makes a Comeback?

Sony 49 6.10%

Microsoft 161 20.05%

Nobody Drops Out 298 37.11%

Nintendo Isn't Making a Comeback 295 36.74%

Total:803

Ninten has to beat the competition first ; ) Though I don't think it's possible for them to force out Sony and MS out. They would have to basically horde all the games to themselves and have the best product and marketing ever. Plus loyal fans wouldn't budge from their preferred console of choice.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

No.. But if they don't make a comeback nintendo won't survive as a platform holder either. The market is simply not big enough anylonger to sustain 3 console manufacturers unless everyone gets an even split but that's impossible

I almost feel like that should be Nintendo's goal if they're aiming to make a powerful console ... drive Microsoft out of the industry.

Sony is too entrenched and the Playstation brand has proven its strength ... but MS still has never made inroads in Europe or Japan at all, leaving them only strong in the US and if Nintendo can release a machine that has much better multi-plats without a lot of the mind-numbingly stupid decisions Nintendo sometimes can make (limit your mistakes, Nintendo), then MS could be in some trouble.

Mummelmann said:

I've been gaming on PC for 20 years or more and I've never had such issues. I have waited 3 hours on painstakingly slow updates and patches on my PS3 games though, and I've played plenty of console games that ran poorly, had choppy framerates, glitching textures and massive pop-in issues. I haven't upgraded any of my hardware either for about 4 years now.

Purchasing, installing and playing games on Steam is no more difficult than purchasing, installing and using apps on a smart device; it just has a smaller audience. This whole fallacy that you have to be a tech wizard to game on PC's and that console games are simply pop the disc in and play, is getting old. Have you ever purchased a digital copy of a game on a console? Why are there digital stores at all, they are so difficult and should be of no interest to console gamers. Mainstream games sell less on PC as a rule, and there are several reasons for this, the PC being a clunky tool that people is too difficult to use is not one of them.

PS: Who would buy a game first and then check to see if they meet the hardware requirements later? If someone is that stupid; their PC is not the problem.

That is more than likely BS. I have a gaming desktop with an Nvidia card and a gaming laptop with an AMD card and have had issues out of both. I have a college degree in computer networking and am a A+ Certified computer technician and I have had issues but oddly enough PC gamers never have issues. Yeah.... I do not buy it

I like playing games on my PCs (probably about 15% of my gaming time is on PC) but to argue it is as easy to get into as consoles is nonsense

Didn't they survive last gen?

???

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

I voted Microsoft only due to Microsoft already showing more interest in PC gaming other than Console gaming...

Nintendo can't make a comeback imo, its to far gone.

If they could though I think they'd be better off releasing later than earlier, in something like 2018/19 when people are getting fed up with their PS4/XOnes. Beat MS and Sony to it with a killer E3 and get a years head start with a real deal next gen console, not something like the Wii U that is more last gen in power.

Releasing next year when the generation is in top gear will be a big mistake. Who would drop their PS4/XOne's with great and still growing libraries to get the new CoD/FIFA on a Nintendo of similar power.

Releasing later would also ensure all their IPs are ready for year 1 release.

Like I said though, can't see a comeback either way.

Shackkobe said:

Right now, Nintendo is the laughing stock and punching bag of gaming critics.

You lost me...

The WiiU has the highest concentration of 90+ rated exclusive AAAs of the three consoles. Have you ever heard of this thing called a Google search? Nintendo is the forgotten child of the fickle masses, hardly a punching bag for critics. 

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

rolltide101x said:
Mummelmann said:

I've been gaming on PC for 20 years or more and I've never had such issues. I have waited 3 hours on painstakingly slow updates and patches on my PS3 games though, and I've played plenty of console games that ran poorly, had choppy framerates, glitching textures and massive pop-in issues. I haven't upgraded any of my hardware either for about 4 years now.

Purchasing, installing and playing games on Steam is no more difficult than purchasing, installing and using apps on a smart device; it just has a smaller audience. This whole fallacy that you have to be a tech wizard to game on PC's and that console games are simply pop the disc in and play, is getting old. Have you ever purchased a digital copy of a game on a console? Why are there digital stores at all, they are so difficult and should be of no interest to console gamers. Mainstream games sell less on PC as a rule, and there are several reasons for this, the PC being a clunky tool that people is too difficult to use is not one of them.

PS: Who would buy a game first and then check to see if they meet the hardware requirements later? If someone is that stupid; their PC is not the problem.

That is more than likely BS. I have a gaming desktop with an Nvidia card and a gaming laptop with an AMD card and have had issues out of both. I have a college degree in computer networking and am a A+ Certified computer technician and I have had issues but oddly enough PC gamers never have issues. Yeah.... I do not buy it

I like playing games on my PCs (probably about 15% of my gaming time is on PC) but to argue it is as easy to get into as consoles is nonsense

No offense, but in the tech industry referencing an A+ cert is like telling everyone you are clueless. Its an entry level certification thats required for entry level work. Its also a test that people can easily brain dump.

Second, an associate in Computer Networking is a good start -- but its also worthless unless you have the CCNA (No ... not the CCENT). The CCNA is about a magnitude of 100x better than the A+ for Networking, and the CCNP is about 10x better than that (with the CCNE another 10x better than the CCNP).

Nintendo Isn't Making a Comeback... at least not on this Gen...