By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can Both Playstation and Xbox Survive If Nintendo Makes A Console Comeback?

Who Drops Out if Nintendo Makes a Comeback?

Sony 49 6.10%

Microsoft 161 20.05%

Nobody Drops Out 298 37.11%

Nintendo Isn't Making a Comeback 295 36.74%

Total:803
MikeRox said:
Samus Aran said:

On GC level yes. If they keep declining, no.

I don't think HH are doomed for the record.

No I think Nintendo will adapt to keep HH relevant.

My question is purely from a home console market. We all know they can't afford another Wii U. However, it also really depresses me that people won't buy a Wii U for the games it now has.

thats on Ninty for not pricing the console reasonably all this time

Around the Network

Nah, they'll become completely irrelevant!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

oniyide said:
MikeRox said:

No I think Nintendo will adapt to keep HH relevant.

My question is purely from a home console market. We all know they can't afford another Wii U. However, it also really depresses me that people won't buy a Wii U for the games it now has.

Bit of a necro bump :P but at the time a Wii U in the UK was £179.99 with smash Bros included. Ps4 and XB1 were both £300+ solus.

Now however the games like smash and Splatoon clearly did nothing long term to improve sales so yes the price of the console does not justify the longevity it has remaining unless it gets confirmed that Wii U games will never be on NX.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

RJ_Sizzle said:

Ahhh, I don't think anyone went anywhere when Wii was on top. Count on things not being different if this were the case.

Well, when you assess the Wii, you have to factor in that the Wii was underpowered.

If the NX is more powerful than the PS4, we may very well have a game changer on our hands....but that is my opinion

MikeRox said:
oniyide said:

Bit of a necro bump :P but at the time a Wii U in the UK was £179.99 with smash Bros included. Ps4 and XB1 were both £300+ solus.

Now however the games like smash and Splatoon clearly did nothing long term to improve sales so yes the price of the console does not justify the longevity it has remaining unless it gets confirmed that Wii U games will never be on NX.

ah the pricing is different in the US. it just recently drop to 300, PS4 is 350. thats only a 50 dollar difference and they both come with games. IMHO it needs to be 250 for what it is

Around the Network
Chazore said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Pretty sure he meant their games would be rejected by Nintendo fans rather than Nintendo themselves. I'm sure if 3rd party publishers wanted to make games for Nintendo consoles that Nintendo wouldn't just tell them to get lost and would instead be pleased to be getting extra games on their console.

Also, aren't you a PC fan? Why do you not want 3rd parties to have freedom? Doesn't PC give them pretty much unlimited freedom, so why should consoles be different?

The problem is when some 3rd parties are popular enough they get the option to ignore the other platforms they released to and made poor attempts to sell quality goods, I find that an issue that hardly anyone on here taps on.

its not tapped on, cause its not really an issue

StuOhQ said:
Shackkobe said:

Right now, Nintendo is the laughing stock and punching bag of gaming critics.

You lost me...

The WiiU has the highest concentration of 90+ rated exclusive AAAs of the three consoles. Have you ever heard of this thing called a Google search? Nintendo is the forgotten child of the fickle masses, hardly a punching bag for critics. 

Lol!

You're not lost, you just deliberately view Nintendo through a very narrow hole.

True, Nintendo has great titles, but if you watched how Reggie Fils-Aime was interviewed at VGX by one of gaming's most respected reporters, you'll understand. Google search that one if you haven't seen it.