By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Any word on first day Brawl sales?

super_etecoon said:
Legend11 said:
I'm surprised Nintendo hasn't said anything considering how well the title must have sold.

Why would they do this? Is there a precedent for this sort of thing?

Halo 3.

Around the Network
Riot Of The Blood said:
damkira said:
Legend11 would probably be seriously depressed if Brawl sold over a million.

Why? It's a great game. We all want great games to do well no matter what console they're on.

Ahhh if only that were true....

Riot Of The Blood said:
damkira said:
Legend11 would probably be seriously depressed if Brawl sold over a million.

Why? It's a great game. We all want great games to do well no matter what console they're on.

Plus, it's not like Legend goes around hating on everything. I don't know why you would think he would be mad the game sold well when he already knew it was going to do great.

Nothing like a healthy dose of naivette.  

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

I was just curious and I wasn't asking to try to find a way of attacking the game's sales. I think it's great that the game is selling well.  I'm a gamer not a hater.

800,000 day one sold my guess

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Around the Network
Legend11 said:
I was just curious and I wasn't asking to try to find a way of attacking the game's sales. I think it's great that the game is selling well. I'm a gamer not a hater.

You spelled "and" wrong.  There's no n or t in it.... Oh you meant "not"......
That last sentence you wrote is quite possibly the most inaccurate sentence ever written in the history of mankind. 

I kid... I kid.....  You have calmed down with the stealth trolling as of late so i'll give you a second chance.  I'm sure Nintendo will brag with the next NPD.  I'm not really expecting them to put out a press release immediately.  Brawl's launch had nowhere near the PR fanfare that Halo's launch did and I doubt the "after-launch" is going to be any different.

Well, when I went to my EB on Sunday to get the game, about an hour after it opened, about 8 different people came out with the game in hand at the same time. Not that that means anything...

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Halo 3 had advertised first day sales, because it broke records, and hey, its halo 3.. it had its own mountain dew flavour, so why not do something relevant to the actual game like bask in their glory for it selling well

Brawl did not break any records. If it sold 5 million day one, it would have been in the news, or had an announcement or something.

I'm sure it's selling great, a couple million I bet, as long as Nintendo ships enough.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

azrm2k said:
Legend11 said:
I was just curious and I wasn't asking to try to find a way of attacking the game's sales. I think it's great that the game is selling well. I'm a gamer not a hater.

You spelled "and" wrong. There's no n or t in it....

Actually, there is an n in "and." It's right in the middle

My consoles and the fates they suffered:

Atari 7800 (Sold), Intellivision (Thrown out), Gameboy (Lost), Super Nintendo (Stolen), Super Nintendo (2nd copy) (Thrown out by mother), Nintendo 64 (Still own), Super Nintendo (3rd copy) (Still own), Wii (Sold)

A more detailed history appears on my profile.