By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Why cant we just have Religion and Atheism live in Harmony?

There's always a theme of persecution when it comes to religion. So someone doesn't like your belief system. Get over it. I do.

Around the Network

Well, somebody's gotta be wrong, right? The sooner we kill each over it, the better.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Because everyone has something to prove.

Humans will be humans.
Religion and Atheism... it's just another reason to fight.

Because atheist people generally look down upon the religious, calling us stupid for believing in whatever we do. Being religious automatically makes me a dumber person than you, which doesn't make any sense.

Edit: not saying religious people are perfect, just offering a different point of view from the people that say that religious people force religion down their throats.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Around the Network
JazzB1987 said:
generic-user-1 said:
because religious people try to interfere with my life.

more like atheists constantly tell religious people "look how stupid you are"

well if they use religion as an argument or try to promote religion in public spaces.  atheists dont go from door to door and tell people that god is a myth and that believing in him will doom you...

Religion drags the world backwards with all of its might.

It will die over time, of course. But there is tremendous merit in accelerating the process.

PDF said:
Naum said:

Beacuse unlike religion "we" atheists doesn't try and force our "belief" or the lack thereoff on others nor do we start wars beacuse of it.

Except thats not true at all.  Can't count how many times I will be out drinking with friends and someone I don't know goes on anti-religious rant.  Calling people who beleive stupid and start blaming them for everything.  Its bad on both sides.

You can't count how many times drunk people complain about religion? I can count it: exactly zero in my 23 year old life. You must be seeing some weird-ass people. 

Come to canada, where the superior beings live in peace

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Hiku said:
JazzB1987 said:
generic-user-1 said:
because religious people try to interfere with my life.

more like atheists constantly tell religious people "look how stupid you are"

It's one thing to insult someone's inteligence, and another to impose on how other people live their lives with laws and education.
I've also never experienced atheists knocking at my door, trying to convince me what to believe in.

But why the fuck do you get to tell me I'm stupid for being religious?

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.