By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MSFT FY15 Q3: Rev $21.7bn. Op Inc $6.6bn beats estimates. 1.6m xbox consoles. Stock closed up 10.45% in following day trading

kowenicki said:

4 hours or so.   I'd expect Revenue up and Net Income down as the dollar is very strong and they are spending a lot to expand their presence in the future mega-business of cloud.

How likely is it that they will announce SOLD THROUGH TO CUSTOMER Numbers for the X1?
I don't care for the loser shipped garbage especially not if they combine everything and their mom into that statement - I want SOLD THROUGH TO CUSTOMER
Especially shipped is just a joke as we ALL know how much Microsoft overshipped last year and how long it took to get the AC Unity Bundles out(still around in April)

All that counts it SOLD THROUGH TO CUSTOMER Numbers for the X1
I hope they deliver - Don't be afraid little boys.Just man up even if you are 10+ Million behind the PS4

Around the Network

tagging

shippedtoafrica said:
kowenicki said:

4 hours or so.   I'd expect Revenue up and Net Income down as the dollar is very strong and they are spending a lot to expand their presence in the future mega-business of cloud.

How likely is it that they will announce SOLD THROUGH TO CUSTOMER Numbers for the X1?
I don't care for the loser shipped garbage especially not if they combine everything and their mom into that statement - I want SOLD THROUGH TO CUSTOMER
Especially shipped is just a joke as we ALL know how much Microsoft overshipped last year and how long it took to get the AC Unity Bundles out(still around in April)

All that counts it SOLD THROUGH TO CUSTOMER Numbers for the X1
I hope they deliver - Don't be afraid little boys.Just man up even if you are 10+ Million behind the PS4

very unlikely, reporting shipped is the standard for pretty much every producing industry, announcing a sold to customer number is something you do to hype commoners - shareholders aren't all that interested in that figure

Unfortunately they will combine XB+XBone shipments....I blame sony for starting this combined shipment crap.

kowenicki said:
theprof00 said:
Earnings expectations?
I have 80 shares at 41.34

You have to  bear in mind that MS is in the exact oppposite situation Sony and Ninty are.  That is, whilst they are massively benefitting from a weak Yen now, MS is suffering from a strong Dollar.  So earnings increases will be negligible.

Anyhow:

Earnings: Microsoft is expected to report earnings for the quarter ended in March of 51 cents a share, according to the average estimate of analysts polled by rFactSet. That’s down from 68 cents a share in the same period a year ago, putting the company on course for a fifth-straight quarter of year-over-year declines.  Estimize, which uses surveys sell-side analysts like FactSet, but also hedge fund executives, brokerages and buy-side analysts, expects earnings of 57 cents a share.

Revenue: Analysts are expecting total revenue of $21.1 billion, up from $20.4 billion a year ago, according to FactSet, which would be the fourth-straight quarter of year-over-year increases. Microsoft has bested revenue expectations the previous six quarters. An Estimize survey pegs revenue at $21.7 billion.

Meanwhile, the all-important commercial revenue, which include sales of cloud services, Office, Windows and server products to corporations, is expected to rise 1% from a year ago to $12.42 billion, according to FactSet.

So, lets quickly summarize this.  earnings will be down to 51 cents a share vs 68, that's down by a third or 33%.  And revenue will be up about 5% if the estimates hold up.  That's pitiful.  lol,  xbox empire is showing some cracks.  don't be surprised if this is the last gen, bc companies typically take a harder look at marginal projects when times are tougher.

Around the Network

So, Koweniki, will you show graphs that have the comparison years,

when it shows that profit dipped by XX % and revenue gained by 5%, that's some great information for the forum, or will you just post the results without the previous year's perspective........ like you did for the last quarter?

Just asking!

RolStoppable said:
How likely is it that they will announce the discontinuation of the Xbox business?

As likely as SSB 3DS/WiiU outselling GTAV.

RolStoppable said:
How likely is it that they will announce the discontinuation of the Xbox business?

Hardly likely, that would only happen if the  Xb1 started selling say less than 10K a week.  Not just bad numbers, but pitiful ones. 

I'd expect this to be the last gen.... but xb1 will still be chugging around for a number of years. 

So, tell me Roland, does my trolling get you bothered a bit?  Does it bring a smirk to your face, wanna know all about me, etc etc etc ?

NewGuy said:
RolStoppable said:

As likely as SSB 3DS/WiiU outselling GTAV.

Pretty Soon!!!

Last edited by OttoniBastos - on 20 February 2023