By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MSFT FY15 Q3: Rev $21.7bn. Op Inc $6.6bn beats estimates. 1.6m xbox consoles. Stock closed up 10.45% in following day trading

After hours up over a dollar

Around the Network

It begun...:P

No Xbone or 360 numbers.

No combination too.

Revenue dropped 24% for Xbox plataform.

On the gaming side, Microsoft isn’t revealing how many Xboxes it has sold in the quarter ended March 31st. There’s no break out of Xbox One or Xbox 360 sales, or even a combination of the two, so it’s hard to say how well the console performed after the busy holiday period. Microsoft does reveal that Xbox platform revenue is down 24 percent year-on-year. Sony has been consistently outpacing the Xbox One with its PS4 sales, with few exceptions in monthly figures from NPD in the US. Microsoft may have dropped the price of its Xbox One console to $349 without Kinect, but it has little effect on the continued console war.

probably 1M Xbones and 600K 360s? Fair estimate?

Everything else is "groundhog day" for MS.

kowenicki said:
1.6m xbox consoles.

Is there a link to this?

Around the Network

So i guess 1.2mil-1.3mil X1

NewGuy said:
probably 1M Xbones and 600K 360s? Fair estimate?

Everything else is "groundhog day" for MS.

Should be higher for Xone .  Minimum 1.2 million. based on VG sales of Xbox 360 and One last months.

pretty low shipment figure for the xbox shipments. Seems they actually did overship in the holidays

Very good numbers as well... any math on the shipped by each model?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Decent Shipment numbers, hopefully MSFT can start picking up steam this summer.