By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is it worth getting a Wii U?

I haven't really followed Nintendo announcement lately but I am tempted by a Wii U soon.

Is it worth buying one anymore? Or should I simply wait?

Around the Network

Yes, It does.

Click HERE and be happy 

If you wait until 2017 then there will be no point. Personally, it's been worth it since I got Bayonetta + Smash, and I bought it for Bayo + Zelda.

Currently, yes. Absolutly. It's worth the relatively cheap price and the AMAZING exclusives.
Just watch PLENTY of trailers and reviews for the following games and you will see what I mean :
Bayonetta 2(+1)
Smash U
MK8
Pikmin 3
Wind Waker HD
AC IV (multiplats are great too lol)
Rayman Legends
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze

Zombi U, Mario 3D World ect ect ect ect.

And there's a lot of potentially great retail games such as Splatoon, XCX , Starfox, Fatal Frame , SMT X FE and ZELDA 2016!!!!!!

Actually, watch the last few Directs if you haven't.

If you care immensely about the Wii U's exclusives, including Mario Kart 8, and Smash Wii U, then I strongly recommend one.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Wait for what, exactly?

Even so, there are many games to check out already:

-NSMBU
-ZombiU
-Pikmin 3
-TW101
-Super Mario 3D World
-DKC Tropical Freeze
-Mario Kart 8
-Hyrule Warriors
-Bayonetta 2
-Smash

Not even counting other releases and upcoming games like Zelda U and Xenoblade Chronicles X. I'd say it's worth it.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

If you love Nintendo published games, then hell yea

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

It has a great library.

Honestly, I would advise that you do what I am doing now. Wait for the inevitable pricecut that will be coming this Year.

Thing is I haven't played a Nintendo console proper since the days of the NES. So I just want to play some Mario stuff honestly and have a console that I can play with more people when they're over.

Does it have BC with the Wii or Gamecube?

By the end of this year you will have:

- Pikmin 3
- Zombie U
- New super Mario/Luigi U
- Wonderfull 101
- Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze
- Zelda: Wind Waker HD
- Hyrule Warriors
- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
- Mario 3D World
- Bayonetta 2 + 1
- Captain Toad
- Smash Bros 4
- Mario Kart 8
- Kirby Rainbow Curse
- Splatoon
- Mario Maker
- Xenoblade Chronicles X
- Star Fox
- Fatal Frame V
(-And some E3 surprises)

Next year we know for sure that Zelda U and Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem are coming too.

All exclusives. If you are interested on some of them go and buy one. I love it.

You can get a $200 refurbished one from Nintendo with Nintendo Land and a $225 one with Mario 3D World as well.

You can also buy a $60 Mario Kart Wii U game with a Wii wheel and remote. Good stuff. 

Linky

Oh and Metroid Prime Trilogy is only 20$ on eShop and you can buy a Wii Controller + Nunchuck for $25 from that same link.