By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Keep gaming pure! Do not buy Mortal Kombat X!

is dlc out of control?

yes 155 76.73%

no 46 22.77%

Total:201

Support Bloodborne and From Software. It's a complete game without day-1 dlc and season pass + no microtransactions.

Around the Network

Honestly paying 1$ for a DLC that allows easy finishing moves (that dont effect gameplay), while perphaps makeing it more fun to play for kids ect.

I dont see the harm.

Older users that play alot will work out the harder finishing moves, and find it satisfying to pull them off to show their skills.

The kids that cant, shouldnt suffter becasue its too difficult for them, they should get to experiance brutal finishing moves too if they want :) I know I would have loved this option when I was a kid.

kitler53 said:
agreed.

boycotting smash and mario kart too. oh, and every game ever.

Jeez dont boycott Mario Kart.

If you have a Wii U its the one must have game, Id tell you to get.

(Id also tell you to get the DLCs, they are worth)

Yeah, I'm not gonna buy a game that does that sort of BS.

It's dumb that MKX is trying to milk you with dumb DLC, even after paying $60 for the game.

At this point though, a lot of people have bought the game, so I don't think that boycotting will help too much, unfortunately.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

KingdomHeartsFan said:
RubberWhistleHistle said:

are a lot of you guys who bought the game just ok with how they handled its release? the day one DLC and the fatalities, extra characters, etc? 

What day 1 dlc?  

The extra characters are not ready at release, not sure what the problem there is, they are being made after the game releases, not ripped from the game or anything. 

Yeah, about that.

On PC people have found complete characters on the disc that you can use filename shenanigans to unlock and use in game. So they actually did take content out and lock it away.

Only question is now that their shame has been revealed,do they still charge for these characters later on or give them away as some BS token of good will?

Around the Network

Mostly out of control on other DLC other Nintendo's.

LudicrousSpeed said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

What day 1 dlc?  

The extra characters are not ready at release, not sure what the problem there is, they are being made after the game releases, not ripped from the game or anything. 

Yeah, about that.

On PC people have found complete characters on the disc that you can use filename shenanigans to unlock and use in game. So they actually did take content out and lock it away.

Only question is now that their shame has been revealed,do they still charge for these characters later on or give them away as some BS token of good will?

If your talking about Baraka, Sindel, and Rain those are incomplete characters.

Is this because there's a gay character in MK for the first time?

RubberWhistleHistle said:
Angelv577 said:
It really doesnt bother me nor will change my enjoyment for the game. You are free to complain though

well let me ask you this, were you a fan of the series during the 16 bit era? you may be too young to have been gaming back then, im not sure. if you were, then im sorry, but i think its harder to understand what old school gamers are really griping about with the easy fatalities in particular. it used to be something that you worked hard to be able to do. once you win the match, if you were skilled enough, you got to see this awesome scene of blood and gore, and it was really humiliating for whoever you defeated. if you loved that aspect of the game, and were wanting to experience that with MKX, well, its pointless now because anybody can just press a button and make it happen. so for a lot of us, it changes the enjoyment big time.

I'm 30 years old now, I don't remember my age back then but I do remember that I was kid(maybe 9 years old).  I was able to do fatalies in MK1 and MK2 with ease especially MK2.  I played with my cousin and other friends that were over 20 old at the time and they did plenty of battle with me because they considered me competitive enough considering my age.  Now I don't know if you remember but I also had MK3 and also remember that there was a cheat code that enabled easy fatalities with one button, now if you are complaining that they are selling the cheat code instead of given them up, that's another story.  Besides like some has said, fatalities comes after the victory, would it make the defeat less painful if you know he did the fatality like it's supposed to instead of 1 button fatalities?.  the option is still there for the purist.  If you play with friends, you can still do it as it's supposedd to.  if you played online, who cares if the person use the fatalities with 1 button, not everyone has the abilities to do every fatalities and you have to considered that this is a fighting game that also attract casual gamers.

I just hate more when the DLC is a pay to win or remove from the game an integral part of it like an anticipated mode that they intentionally removed it to make people buy it.  I dont have it yet but from what I have seen, this game is a complete game for $60.  It has a story mode, plenty of characters and another mode that I forgot the name.   It has more stuff than most MK games to date.

LudicrousSpeed said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

What day 1 dlc?  

Yeah, about that.

Those are incomplete characters. Do some research 

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3