By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console is going to win the April NPD

Which console is going to win the April NPD?

Xbox One 41 9.30%

Playstation 4 400 90.70%

Total:441
RolStoppable said:
super6646 said:

And you are overestimating the PS4 as well. Now of course it could win and whatever. All I'm stating is the XB1 is cheaper, and the PS4 has nothing else to boost its sales. Is that not true? Ok is that not true! Say it! Exactly, it is true! But no of course you'll have Mortal Kombat X! This thing will maybe sell a few thousand PS4's, but that's it! Its not going to sell the PS4 like the Order or Bloodborne did...

The Xbox One has been cheaper for a while now, unless you are talking about a very recent price cut that I've missed. The PS4 doesn't need anything to win when the X1 hasn't anything going for it.

If I remember correctly, Mortal Kombat sales have been pretty close between the 360 and PS3 in the USA despite the 360's commanding lead in installed base. I don't think it's unrealistic that Mortal Kombat X will sell more PS4s than The Order 1886 or Bloodborne, because aside from Sony's top exclusives (Gran Turismo, God of War, Naughty Dog titles), their games don't shift much hardware at all.

Tell me how? The game isn't even bundled! And don't tell me people where waiting for this game, as you can get it on the PS3 and Xbox 360 as well!

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
super6646 said:

Tell me how? The game isn't even bundled! And don't tell me people where waiting for this game, as you can get it on the PS3 and Xbox 360 as well!

People who are impressionable buy into Mortal Kombat (gore) and PlayStation (image) alike. Seems like a good match. Xbox just isn't cool anymore.

The PS3 and 360 versions won't release before summer, so that's another thing that plays into the PS4's favor.

For past reference, Mortal Kombat IX sold about 1 million according to April 2011 NPD (and I think the PS3 version sold slightly more).

That said, what you told super6646 was the same stuff I told him last night on the NPD thread. I don't why the same points have to be repeated to him.

super6646 said:

Hello, so welcome to the "which console is going to win" NPD thread. Now I know we just got March results, but I want to get this out early. Anyway April is a really difficult month. For the first time in the entire year the PS4 doesn't have major exclusives, and the XB1 has a price advantage (for a full month). I think the XB1 does stand a chance, but the result is really going to be on a knife edge. And also I want to address this clearly, I really do not think the new Mortal Kombat will sell that many systems. I can't say it'll sell none, but I don't think it'll make a difference. Anyway I'm not making bets for this month. Anyway voting ends 5 minutes before NPD results (that's a month from now lol). And that's it! 

So i asked in the other thread though you never replied. If we use your logic about the price advantage of the XB1 then it should have definitely won JAN NPD because it was still cheaper for half the month. And are you really using The Order 1886 as a console mover for PS4 but not MKX? Especially after the reviews of The Order 1886. It is almost as if you are making as excues for why the XB1 lost to the PS4. Like if this PS4 didn't have this or that then the XB1 would have won. yet the weeks even without the release of Bloodborne or The Order 1886 the PS4 still beat the cheaper XB1 in sales. I don't know man it is like your logic is biased ot one side or something. Anyway I voted for the PS4 because I think it will win BUT it will be close......with the 3DS in my opinon. The only way that would change is if MS did a major bundle or special price cut.

Also if I am not mistaken isn't the PS4 already leading in the April Amazon thread?

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

TheBlackNaruto said:
super6646 said:

Hello, so welcome to the "which console is going to win" NPD thread. Now I know we just got March results, but I want to get this out early. Anyway April is a really difficult month. For the first time in the entire year the PS4 doesn't have major exclusives, and the XB1 has a price advantage (for a full month). I think the XB1 does stand a chance, but the result is really going to be on a knife edge. And also I want to address this clearly, I really do not think the new Mortal Kombat will sell that many systems. I can't say it'll sell none, but I don't think it'll make a difference. Anyway I'm not making bets for this month. Anyway voting ends 5 minutes before NPD results (that's a month from now lol). And that's it! 

So i asked in the other thread though you never replied. If we use your logic about the price advantage of the XB1 then it should have definitely won JAN NPD because it was still cheaper for half the month. And are you really using The Order 1886 as a console mover for PS4 but not MKX? Especially after the reviews of The Order 1886. It is almost as if you are making as excues for why the XB1 lost to the PS4. Like if this PS4 didn't have this or that then the XB1 would have won. yet the weeks even without the release of Bloodborne or The Order 1886 the PS4 still beat the cheaper XB1 in sales. I don't know man it is like your logic is biased ot one side or something. Anyway I voted for the PS4 because I think it will win BUT it will be close......with the 3DS in my opinon. The only way that would change is if MS did a major bundle or special price cut.

Also if I am not mistaken isn't the PS4 already leading in the April Amazon thread?

Doesn't matter, people didn't know that before! And I'm not saying the PS4 will win, I'm just pissed at the fact people think 1 3rd party game will seal the PS4 win!

super6646 said:

Doesn't matter, people didn't know that before! And I'm not saying the PS4 will win, I'm just pissed at the fact people think 1 3rd party game will seal the PS4 win!

It does matter. Other than Mortal Kombat X, the PS4 headed into this month with good momentum thanks to Bloodborne and MLB 15: The Show. Also, Dark Souls II: A Scholars Sin came out and looking back at last gen consoles, the PS3 versions of the Dark Souls games outsold the XBO versions in the US. A PS4 victory over the XBO is pretty much a given (for the nth time).

Around the Network
Aura7541 said:
super6646 said:

It does matter. Other than Mortal Kombat X, the PS4 headed into this month with good momentum thanks to Bloodborne and MLB 15: The Show. Also, Dark Souls II: A Scholars Sin came out and looking back at last gen consoles, the PS3 versions of the Dark Souls games outsold the XBO versions in the US. A PS4 victory over the XBO is pretty much a given (for the nth time).

Well lets see. PS4 wins the PS4 wins. XB1 wins well the XB1 wins.

super6646 said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

yeah maybe you are right, maybe ps4 sells on his own.  third party games are just icing on the cake.  Do you think  that a game that failed to sell even 400k is accountable for the difference between ps4 and xbox one of more than 100k?, Maybe bloodborne move console but I doubt it moved all that console by himself,

You know what, this argument started last night, and I was cranky as f***, but now I'm better, so lets just agree to disagree. Trolls can go screw themselves, and that's it! Get voting guys, I want to reach 1k votes!

I'll go with the ps4. It's the all around favorite console this gen thanks to the playstation brand and MS's fumble with the xbone policies/kinect.

Ryng_Tolu said:

PS4 > 3DS > XBO > Wii U > PSV

I concur with Ryngs statement as well. Seems that this outcome is most likely to happen as this was March's outcome. 

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay