By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console is going to win the April NPD

Which console is going to win the April NPD?

Xbox One 41 9.30%

Playstation 4 400 90.70%

Total:441

PS4, barring Microsoft hauling out a COMPLETELY out of the blue console-moving title or even bigger bundle/price cut than they have currently going, which obviously seems unlikely on both counts. The most likely new bundle Microsoft might announce would be a Witcher 3 bundle, which doesn't factor into April. Honestly, preeetty sure that the Witcher 3 is Microsoft's only real shot at winning an NPD outside of the holidays, if they release it as a Free Game Bundle like most of their other bundles. xP

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

Around the Network
Aura7541 said:
super6646 said:

You want to play that game? Ok, PS4 only has 2 "real" AAA exclusives in a year!

Alright, what does Microsoft have to counter Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD, the Batman limited edition bundle, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, J-Stars Victory Vs+, One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3, Until Dawn, Tearaway Unfolded, Ratchet & Clank Redux, GOW III Remastered, Godzilla, Persona 5, Dragon Quest Heroes, Metal Gear Solid V: TPP (especially if the limited edition bundle is released in the west), and the fl0w, Flower, & Journey collection?

Much of what you list aren't exclusive. And Halo 5 ALONE will outsell all these combined! Anyway its, so you know I'm not going to bother arguing.

super6646 said:
Aura7541 said:

Alright, what does Microsoft have to counter Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD, the Batman limited edition bundle, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, J-Stars Victory Vs+, One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3, Until Dawn, Tearaway Unfolded, Ratchet & Clank Redux, GOW III Remastered, Godzilla, Persona 5, Dragon Quest Heroes, Metal Gear Solid V: TPP (especially if the limited edition bundle is released in the west), and the fl0w, Flower, & Journey collection?

Much of what you list aren't exclusive. And Halo 5 ALONE will outsell all these combined! Anyway its, so you know I'm not going to bother arguing.

Divide and conquer, my man. A whole bunch of smaller games that cover a wide variety of genres is better than a single game that only covers one. It's better to appeal to multiple fanbases instead of just one or otherwise, the library will get stale.

I also forgot Omega Quintet, No Man's Sky, and Shadow of the Beast. And it looks like Sony has marketing rights to Star Wars Battlefront, too.

super6646 said:
KazumaKiryu said:
The best console, the PS4.

"Best console". A lot of people could disagree. Maybe you should just say "your favorite console" or just the PS4.

95% sure its the best.  

Aura7541 said:
super6646 said:

Divide and conquer, my man. A whole bunch of smaller games that cover a wide variety of genres is better than a single game that only covers one. It's better to appeal to multiple fanbases instead of just one or otherwise, the library will get stale.

I also forgot Omega Quintet, No Man's Sky, and Shadow of the Beast. And it looks like Sony has marketing rights to Star Wars Battlefront, too.

Crackdown 3, Forza Mortorsport 6, Halo 5, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Scalebound. Oh and what about Ori and The Blind Forest, Fable Legends, Neverwinter, and State of Decay Year one edition. Since you include 3rd parties, we can even them out to Microsoft or Xbox exclusives. And you have to remember there's a lots coming at E3, so don't think Microsoft has nothing. The Witcher 3? Microsoft has the marketing rights to. Call of Duty: Black ops III will surely have marketing rights to Microsoft as well. So Microsoft has plenty.

Edit: Oh and Star Wars Battlefront will be available on the XB1 before PS4. So yeah...

Around the Network
super6646 said:

Crackdown 3, Forza Mortorsport 6, Halo 5, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Scalebound. Oh and what about Ori and The Blind Forest, Fable Legends, Neverwinter, and State of Decay Year one edition. Since you include 3rd parties, we can even them out to Microsoft or Xbox exclusives. And you have to remember there's a lots coming at E3, so don't think Microsoft has nothing. The Witcher 3? Microsoft has the marketing rights to. Call of Duty: Black ops III will surely have marketing rights to Microsoft as well. So Microsoft has plenty.

Nice list to bad x1 is generally viwed as inferior due to reasons that cant be changed now.  Excusives are not the 1 why buy a console reason for most.  WHat they have wont do much.

Boosted said:
super6646 said:

Nice list to bad x1 is generally viwed as inferior due to reasons that cant be changed now.  Excusives are not the 1 why buy a console reason for most.  WHat they have wont do much.

Oh, well because a second ago I was told Microsoft has nothing in the fall in terms of exclusives!

super6646 said:

Scalebound is out in 2016 and likely Crackdown 3, too. Ori and The Blind Forest is already out, so I don't know why you're putting that out. Fable Legends and Neverwinter are F2P games. None of the games I mentioned were F2P and from my personal experience, Neverwinter isn't a good MMO.

The Witcher 3 isn't going to do much. Microsoft had marketing rights to Dragon Age: Inquisition last November, the month where the XBO set a record NPD and had early access. However, the PS4 still outsold the XBO version. The Witcher 3 is coming out in May. Huge difference.

super6646 said:
Boosted said:

Oh, well because a second ago I was told Microsoft has nothing in the fall in terms of exclusives!

Maybe to some they dont, forza is played out and if you arent big on HAlo they dont have much for most.

Aura7541 said:
super6646 said:

Scalebound is out in 2016 and likely Crackdown 3, too. Ori and The Blind Forest is already out, so I don't know why you're putting that out. Fable Legends and Neverwinter are F2P games. None of the games I mentioned were F2P and from my personal experience, Neverwinter isn't a good MMO.

The Witcher 3 isn't going to do much. Microsoft had marketing rights to Dragon Age: Inquisition last November, the month where the XBO set a record NPD and had early access. However, the PS4 still outsold the XBO version. The Witcher 3 is coming out in May. Huge difference.

You know what, I give up. I mean if you have to list rachet and clank (which is no longer popular. And pirate warriors 3 (lol never heard of it), I can't even have an argument. You know what lets wait till E3. Then if the XB1 still has a worse lineup, or it doesn't have anything more, than I can agree. But Microsoft has been quite hush hush before with exclusives.