By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Return Of Jrpg's??

YES, JRPGs coming back!! i think.

2015 is awesome
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=200425&page=1

my most wanted is PERSONA 5. i hope, Ni No Kuni 2 and a Dragon Quest Maingame for console is coming

Around the Network
ZODIARKrebirth said:

with the announce of star ocean 5 and other games, it seems console jrpg's could make a comeback, what would be really be great...we know that at e3 level5 will announce there ps4 rpg (would love to see rogue galaxy 2), and media.vision could work on the next wild arms (loved the first 3, the hexagon battlesystem in 4 and 5 sucked a little bit), sony's final fantasy killer (who knows if it's true), with the announcement of monster hunter stories on 3ds, maybe we could see a ps4 entry of the main series...

and maybe in the future: A new Mana-RPG, so square enix. and "tidux" say: Ni No Kuni 2 is coming : D

the future is exciting.

Let's wait and see if most of those games are going to be worth a damn, shall we?

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I hope level 5 announce Ni no Kuni 2, that would be really great

JRPGs were never gone.

Fire Emblem: Awakening, Fire Emblem: if, Bravely Default, Bravely Second, Pokémon X/Y, Pokémon ORAS, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Persona Q, Yo-kai Watch 1-3, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Monster Hunter Stories, etc.

Around the Network
KazumaKiryu said:
ZODIARKrebirth said:

with the announce of star ocean 5 and other games, it seems console jrpg's could make a comeback, what would be really be great...we know that at e3 level5 will announce there ps4 rpg (would love to see rogue galaxy 2), and media.vision could work on the next wild arms (loved the first 3, the hexagon battlesystem in 4 and 5 sucked a little bit), sony's final fantasy killer (who knows if it's true), with the announcement of monster hunter stories on 3ds, maybe we could see a ps4 entry of the main series...

and maybe in the future: A new Mana-RPG, so square enix. and "tidux" say: Ni No Kuni 2 is coming : D

the future is exciting.

Wonder if ni no kuni 2 could be the e3 game that level5 want to announce

Things are cyclical.

FPSs while still the biggest genre are not what they were a few years ago. (I feel Naughty Dog, Elder Scrolls, and GTA played a HUGE role in reminding people that other genres are out there with UC series and TLOU, Skyrim and GTA 5)

Other genres now have room to breathe. Its a good thing. Its not just JRPGs, I see a lot of other Genres getting more love.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

I want more old school ff7 combat

Keybladewielder said:
I hope level 5 announce Ni no Kuni 2, that would be really great

i hope it too. best news for big JRPG-fans.

The genre got stale, it still feels stale to me but Star Ocean 5 announcement has me hyped, as well as FFXV. I switched over to WRPGs for their action oriented combat, much stronger story and character development and just overall better variety. I can old save the world so many times with 14 year olds going on about the power of friendship like a bad episode of carebears before I want to gauge my eyes out.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian