By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Could Star Fox U gain some respect for the GamePad?

as per my post in the other thread about this:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7221356

Around the Network

I think that Splatoon will already be great for the gamepad. I am pretty pumped for the aiming with the gyroscope. If its anything like Captain Toad minecart levels then it will be perfect. Some of the best and most natural aiming I've ever experienced.

curl-6 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Just saying...some people would like some shrooms while playing Nintendo games. 

Well, shrooms were legal in Japan until 2002. I would be very surprised if they played no role in the development of Nintendo's games prior to this. ;)

This makes my heart sing.

I actually like the gamepad.

Platina said:
I actually like games without motion controls and the use of the gyroscope so I would like Star Fox more if it didn't have these gimmicks

Gryo controls are optional. So you should like Star Fox the same cause you can use analog.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network
Recycle001 said:
I wouldn't call the Starfox games so much as gimmicky as I would say they're fancy tech demo's :P

Sadly this is a problem with the franchise. Outside of Star Fox 64, which admittedly did feature Nintendo experimenting with voice clips and rumble features, every Star Fox game has had a air of gimmick game features of experimentation. The original game's purpose is obvious, Adventures was more of a cash grab and initial showcase of what Rare could do on the GC before Nintendo sold off their portions upon seeing the company wasn't in great shape going forward talent wise. Assault is strange as it more or less just features the walking missions but Command is all about the touch screen controls.

I fear the same is going to be the case for the Wii U game, as Miyamoto and Nintendo seem to be building it off of a tech demo to show what the Wii U game pad can do rather then, actual game concept or potential to win back over Star Fox fans, or we should have heard or seen more of the game by now.

NoirSon said:
Recycle001 said:
I wouldn't call the Starfox games so much as gimmicky as I would say they're fancy tech demo's :P

Sadly this is a problem with the franchise. Outside of Star Fox 64, which admittedly did feature Nintendo experimenting with voice clips and rumble features, every Star Fox game has had a air of gimmick game features of experimentation. The original game's purpose is obvious, Adventures was more of a cash grab and initial showcase of what Rare could do on the GC before Nintendo sold off their portions upon seeing the company wasn't in great shape going forward talent wise. Assault is strange as it more or less just features the walking missions but Command is all about the touch screen controls.

I fear the same is going to be the case for the Wii U game, as Miyamoto and Nintendo seem to be building it off of a tech demo to show what the Wii U game pad can do rather then, actual game concept or potential to win back over Star Fox fans, or we should have heard or seen more of the game by now.

I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing.

Their showcasing of 3D polygons and rumble/VA didn't stop the SNES and N64 games being spectacular, at least in my humble opinion.

That said, I am very wary of the upcoming Wii U game's Gamepad use, what we've heard so far frankly sounded terrible.

I love the gamepad. I play on it more than I do on the TV.

I just don't understand why devs aren't using it the way it's meant to be used. The Wii U has lost sales due to companies not wanting to be creative and innovating to Nintendo because they can just do their routine videogame making with just a newer engine that takes less time and creates more money for the other consoles.

This is the prime essence of why Nintendo isn't getting third party support. There aren't any dedicated third-party developers behind it.

Nintendo has accomplished this feat in the past with the DS, but it looks like they will have to market the NX directly to the developers this time around without being cocky that it'll sell hard like the Wii did.

curl-6 said:
NoirSon said:

Their showcasing of 3D polygons and rumble/VA didn't stop the SNES and N64 games being spectacular, at least in my humble opinion.

That said, I am very wary of the upcoming Wii U game's Gamepad use, what we've heard so far frankly sounded terrible.

Honestly... I kind of want Starfox to not be Gimickie at all... I really want something along the lines of Adventures blended with the classic and an actually decent sized game. At this point, its been 2.5 years... If Nintendo is just now getting around to making games that take serious advantage of the gamepad to 'show what it can do', I don't care for that. That kind of game should have really launched with the system, or at least been in the launch window.

That aside, I'll pick up the game regardless. Who knows, maybe the gamepad controls will be awesome and breathe some new life into the franchise. Maybe the gamepad controls will be a perfect fit like the Wii mote with Metroid Prime 1&2.

“What I say is, a town isn't a town without a bookstore. It may call itself a town, but unless it's got a bookstore it knows it's not fooling a soul.”  - Neil Gaiman

Recycle001 said:
curl-6 said:

Honestly... I kind of want Starfox to not be Gimickie at all... I really want something along the lines of Adventures blended with the classic and an actually decent sized game. At this point, its been 2.5 years... If Nintendo is just now getting around to making games that take serious advantage of the gamepad to 'show what it can do', I don't care for that. That kind of game should have really launched with the system, or at least been in the launch window.

That aside, I'll pick up the game regardless. Who knows, maybe the gamepad controls will be awesome and breathe some new life into the franchise. Maybe the gamepad controls will be a perfect fit like the Wii mote with Metroid Prime 1&2.

Personally I hope it's as little like Adventures as possible. I loathe that game with a passion, haha.