By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction - The Witcher 3 Will Sell at Least 10 Million Copies!

I highly doubt it. 3-4 million LTD.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network
okr said:
Metroid33slayer said:

What is GOG?

http://www.gog.com is CD Projekt's (The Witcher developer) own PC games distribution platform. It's arguably the most famous digital distribution platform for PC games behind Steam. The acronym originally meant "Good Old Games" (today not anymore as they now also sell new games). More details: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GOG.com

I came across it looking for some older games and liked  the fact that it had a great selection of classics ,now it's getting a lot of new stuff  too ,didn't know CD Projeckt owned it though , Metroid should check it out.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

It all depends how well its received by console gamers. I believe 7m sounds more reasonable but I hope to be wrong.

shikamaru317 said:
Areym said:
I highly doubt it. 3-4 million LTD.

You do realize that Witcher 2 sold over 4m and Witcher 3 is looking like it's going to be more popular than Witcher 2, right? It'll be at least 8m lifetime imo. It's on 3 platforms from release, compared to 1 platform at release and a 2nd platform a year later for Witcher 2. It's trailers are getting alot more views than Witcher 2's did.

I do agree with you that it won't sell that low and around 8 million LTD is more reasonable. However, I don't think YouTube is the best indicator of how a game will do commercially.

It would need a miracle. The skillset that the witcher demands even for an action/rpg is too much for most people. I'd say 4 million at best. The Witcher is Demon Souls-Lite in terms of thinking pattern required for success in that game. It also has a very engrossing story with multiple endings.

Around the Network

10m at least? Erm, not sure about that. It'll be lucky to get to 10m. 

It should sell well regardless.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

With a GOTY/Ultimate/Complete edition in 2016, sure, I think it's possible!

People are daydreaming so much about this game numbers. I like The Witcher 2, but you guys need to realize TW is not Dragon Age, it demands a lot more of the player. Unless CD Projekt's changed that (God, i hope not), this won't become that mainstream.

Dragon Age: Inquisition is just over 3M, but it was released in november and EA has a bigger marketing budget.

4,5 million on PS4 is very optimistic for a 3rd game in a franchise that has never been on a PS platform. It will be biggest on PC and it will do moderatyely well on PS4 and Xb one.

According to VGC, not good I know, The Witcher 2 did less than 1 million on Xb 360.

Be hopeful for this game but don't be excessively optimistic. At this point selling 5 million across the 3 platforms would be awesome.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Xbox One sale estimates are way too high, I don't see it doing that well on that platform.