By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Star Ocean 5 announced for PS4, PS3

gooch_destroyer said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Wait why would do you consider this and Street Fighter to be useless as exclusives?

Casuse It wastes their resourses? I don't know.

I need to KNOW!!! LOL!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
TheBlackNaruto said:
gooch_destroyer said:

Casuse It wastes their resourses? I don't know.

I need to KNOW!!! LOL!

Me too. lol

didn't expect it to happen. i'm pleasantly surprised now.

Looking forward to this game, though I haven't play any Star Ocean games in the past.

Materia-Blade said:
HollyGamer said:
Materia-Blade said:
HollyGamer said:

well it really awesome news especially when people would not expecting this, especially from SE and Playstation only ???

I'm not talking about the announcement itself. He mentioned that being PS exclusive was "cherry on top", when it clearly isn't a good thing.

Star Ocean games or mostly every jrpg games (that became mainstream on the west) has a strong connection to PS fans. i bet you were not really active in gaming forum back then when FF 13 announced for Xbox 360. It was a sad day for PS fans back then.

It wasn't a sad day because no one lost anything.

Well it was, and it still one of the reason SE when shit on 7th gen, multyplatform game will limit the game optimization, and  design.  Is not like FF 13 in x360 sold like crazy compared to PS3FF13 sales. It useless and sacrifces the budget to reduce the quality (one of the reson why FF13 so bad compare to their previous gen games ) for the sake of money making but ended lose their quality. Another reason is why would people buy 2 consoles who have the same games, PS brand always the home for JRPG games (well some on Nintendo) but on general and mostly. And also it was a sad day especially for PS fans not X360 fans.

Around the Network
HollyGamer said:
Materia-Blade said:
HollyGamer said:

Star Ocean games or mostly every jrpg games (that became mainstream on the west) has a strong connection to PS fans. i bet you were not really active in gaming forum back then when FF 13 announced for Xbox 360. It was a sad day for PS fans back then.

Well it was, and it still one of the reason SE when shit on 7th gen, multiplatform game will limit the game optimization, and  design.  Is not like FF 13 in x360 sold like crazy compared to PS3FF13 sales. It useless and sacrifces the budget to reduce the quality (one of the reson why FF13 so bad compare to their previous gen games ) for the sake of money making but ended lose their quality. Another reason is why would people buy 2 consoles who have the same games, PS brand always the home for JRPG games (well some on Nintendo) but on general and mostly. And also it was a sad day especially for PS fans not X360 fans.

No, don't blame something else for square's incompetence and focus on making their games looking good instead of playing good. FF 13,13-2 and 13-3 lacked game design and that's it.

"Another reason is why would people buy 2 consoles who have the same games"

what does it have to do with the discussion?

But again, ps fans didn't lose anything that day. they lost the FF quality but that wasn't because of it being multiplat.

sc94597 said:
outlawauron said:

No, you compare Xillia to Graces. Xillia 2 to Graces. Zestiria to Graces.

In Japan, the series has always sold better on Playstation platforms. That is fact.

I thought the discussion was multiplat vs. (PS) exclusive, not Nintendo exclusive vs. PS exclusive. 

I read it as no game ever benefits from being exclusive. I mentioned the ability for a team to work with one platform to allow for more a focused effort. That and gave an example of a series that has benefitted financially from PS exclusivity.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Materia-Blade said:
HollyGamer said:
Materia-Blade said:
HollyGamer said:

Well it was, and it still one of the reason SE when shit on 7th gen, multiplatform game will limit the game optimization, and  design.  Is not like FF 13 in x360 sold like crazy compared to PS3FF13 sales. It useless and sacrifces the budget to reduce the quality (one of the reson why FF13 so bad compare to their previous gen games ) for the sake of money making but ended lose their quality. Another reason is why would people buy 2 consoles who have the same games, PS brand always the home for JRPG games (well some on Nintendo) but on general and mostly. And also it was a sad day especially for PS fans not X360 fans.

No, don't blame something else for square's incompetence and focus on making their games looking good instead of playing good. FF 13,13-2 and 13-3 lacked game design and that's it.

"Another reason is why would people buy 2 consoles who have the same games"

what does it have to do with the discussion?

But again, ps fans didn't lose anything that day. they lost the FF quality but that wasn't because of it being multiplat.

read Outlawaron comment regarding exclusivity, above me, it's a common knowladge exclusivity bring benefit on developing games and cost budgeting, while sales is on another matter, dividing the fans is also bad.

Gilgamesh said:
This generation is feeling very familiar...

How :)?

Ruler said:
Gilgamesh said:
This generation is feeling very familiar...

How :)?

PS2