By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Star Ocean 5 announced for PS4, PS3

daredevil.shark said:
Zekkyou said:
daredevil.shark said:

This game is co developed by Sony Computer Entertainment Japan studio.

Do you have a source for that? I can't find anything about it in the article (just that tri-Ace are developing and SE are publishing). That would explain the exclusivity though.

Kagari from gaf, no official confirmation though.

Be interesting to see what happens, but I suspect its just Japan.

It hasn't actually been announced for the West at all at this point I don't think.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

Well shit.... Generation over, R.I.P. Xbone....

Why didn't you buy a Vita version Sony? You always deprive my beloved..

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Tootylicious said:
Cloudman said:
Tootylicious said:

I expect this to be a late 2016 release at best - do we really need sloppy PS3 ports in late 2016? Well, Japan maybe..

As long as it works fine, I'll take it. I'm not picky about visuals ; )

I like to play my games the way they were intended to be played.

And by the end of 2016, I will probably own a PS4.

So is this the game that will convince you to buy a PS4?

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

The Fury said:
SjOne said:
Is the 5 going to stay in the title of the game? So unlike the series to start a numerical system

According to one of the images the subtitle is: Integrity and Faithlessness

I think that might be an issue with translation. Integrity and Infidelity would have been better.

I so agree Faithlessness is such a weird term to use. Infidelity would be a greater substitute 

Euphoria14 said:
Not sure why people want PS3 version scrapped.

Is it because it allows them to feel like their PS4 purchase is justified if that happens, because personally I don't see the big deal with it also being on PS3.

Gives uneasy feeling namely with a game that is most likely coming out next year, that we are not using "modern generation" to the fullest potiential. 

Around the Network

One of my favourite series. It can't be a sequel to #3 which is the 'final game'. For some reason SO:4 really stuck with me. Really loved that game

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

KilleyMc said:
Hopefully they won't pull that "no PS3 release for the west" again.

It's extremely likely and frankly, should happen. PS3/PS4 multiplats shouldn't have a place anymore.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Hiku said:
SjOne said:

I so agree Faithlessness is such a weird term to use. Infidelity would be a greater substitute 

Infidelity would sound weird to me as well, since that also includes "the subjective feeling that one's partner has violated a set of rules or relationship norms; this violation results in feelings of sexual jealousy and rivalry".

I think the whole title
"Integrity and Faithlessness" comes off a bit odd as an English speaker.
I hope they change it here.

They could've used a better antonym for Integrity, but such is the way of JRPG to use nonsensical naming schemes

PullusPardus said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

This is exactly how I feel.

Why? what is so bad about having more people to play? there is absolutely no loss in making it on PS3. 

Except they can justify poor graphics, world, effects, etc. because it's on the PS3 as well. There's literally no game related positive that can be found by making it cross-generation.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Cloudman said:
Tootylicious said:
Cloudman said:
Tootylicious said:

I expect this to be a late 2016 release at best - do we really need sloppy PS3 ports in late 2016? Well, Japan maybe..

As long as it works fine, I'll take it. I'm not picky about visuals ; )

I like to play my games the way they were intended to be played.

And by the end of 2016, I will probably own a PS4.

So is this the game that will convince you to buy a PS4?

The thing is, I don't have a game yet that single handedly convinces me to own a PS4. I tend to wait until there are a couple of games that I need to play.

So by the end of 2016, there hopefully be some games that make me want to buy a PS4. MGSV, FFXV, Ys, Persona 5, Disagea 5, The Witness, Uncharted 4 should be out by then - as well. And maybe The Last Guardian?

Among a few other selected "in your dreams" games, The Last Guardian or a new, classy Crash Bandicoot would be the only games that I'd buy a PS4 for, simply to show Sony that it was about damn time to release the game.