By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - should i play twilight princess on wii u?

Tagged games:

HoloDust said:
My younger kid is playing TP these days (he finally has the skills to do it on his own), and while their Wii is hooked to old CRT TV, I can't say it bothers me much to watch it all low res and jagged...well not much at least. It's really great game, so, I wouldn't wait.

Of course, if you really can't wait for remaster and you are way too annoyed with low res, only viable option is Dolphin...just hook up your Wiimote to your PC (and optionally your PC to your TV) and enjoy instant 1080p remaster - and if you're willing to put some small effort into it, HD texture pack for TP is also available.

Wow, this looks great, netherless,

dont expect another Zelda HD remake this gen.

Around the Network
Zappykins said:
I played it, and enjoyed it, but in all honestly I think you might enjoy Skyrim more. It has some similar puzzles and hold up much better.

Skyrim!?

Has nothing with Zelda games, except sword, shield, bow and horse.

To be safe, play Skyward Sword first!

I'm playing it right now and I love it. Graphically it's also better than Twilight Princess. It looks a bit like a painting which makes the lack of HD graphics not very relevant in my opinion.

Spending warm summer days indoors   

Writing frightening verse

To a buck-toothed girl in Luxembourg

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, WiiU, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS, Mega Drive, Game Gear, PS1, PS2, PSP, XBOX 360, Atari Lynx

Miyamotoo said:
HoloDust said:

Yeah, it does look great, and it just shows that if Nintendo wants to make TP remaster they can do it quite easily...just better textures and higher res do a lot for this game, they don't even have to go into whole remake thing.

I think this one is with SweetFX injector for additional color tweaking:

Curmudgeon said:
To be safe, play Skyward Sword first!

In my experience do NOT play Skyward Sword first. I played Skyward Sword first then Twilight Princess but Twilight Princess didnt cut it for me. Play Twilight Princess first. Just my own opinion.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
I'd maybe wait. It would be better to play in HD, and Nintendo might just pull a "Zelda SS/TP HD collection" out of their hat at E3.

That would be awesome...... I hope you are right

If you're a Zelda fan play it. It's fantastic, don't let people tell you otherwise.

Seriously, stop reading these comments and just go play and then come back and thank me in 30-40 hours.

Wait for the E3. Maybe they'll announce a HD port. BTW, GameCube version is superior.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

HoloDust said:
Miyamotoo said:
HoloDust said:

Yeah, it does look great, and it just shows that if Nintendo wants to make TP remaster they can do it quite easily...just better textures and higher res do a lot for this game, they don't even have to go into whole remake thing.

I think this one is with SweetFX injector for additional color tweaking:

Still they would have much work here, they need around 6 months for Wind Waker HD and WW have very flat and simple textures and models, at TP they will have much more work.

In any case, I would love to see TP remake on next gen.

d21lewis said:
I only played it on Gamecube so I don't know how well the motion controls hold up. The GC version was fantastic, though. Graphics were touted as among the GC's best at the time but look like poop, now. However, once you get into the game, how it looks won't matter. That's how Zelda games are.

the GameCube version is awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee