By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - should i play twilight princess on wii u?

Tagged games:

OK so here's the deal I'm currently about to finish windwaker HD and a link between worlds (both great games) but I really wanna start twilight princess next but those fuzzy graphics on my 50inch TV put me off a little, main thing I'm worried about tho is are ninty gonna release it in HD on Wii u? What do you guys think? I mean that would be 4 Zelda game remade which seems overkill to me.

So what do you think should I play it now or wait for a possible HD version?

PS I also have a unplayed skyward sword and may get MM 3ds instead cos never played it.

Around the Network

Well, you can buy the Wii version really cheap, and it's a great game. I say go ahead

ExplodingBlock said:
Well, you can buy the Wii version really cheap, and it's a great game. I say go ahead

Oh yeah I should off said I have wii version just not played it yet much.

The Wii version costs 20 dollars in the Nintendo Selects catalog, so I'd go ahead.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

It's a great game, play it :)

I also feel the graphics haven't aged particularly well, but when I replay it nowadays I forget all about the graphics, and don't even think about it anymore, before I get to the first dungeon. It's a really great game.

Yep.

Around the Network

Yeah, just keep in mind that if you're playing on a high resolution like 1080p, and have a big TV, Wii games have to upscale, and it'll look a little fuzzy, and not the most pretty.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

It's ironic how WW was blasted for its graphics when it first came out but it has aged better than TP's graphics. I had a similar situation with Final Fantasy XII. After playing Persona 4 Golden on my PSTV, adjusting to the non-HD Final Fantasy XII was a bit of a challenge but I got used to it. Not to mention, TP is a great game so I think you should just go ahead and play it.

I'd maybe wait. It would be better to play in HD, and Nintendo might just pull a "Zelda SS/TP HD collection" out of their hat at E3.

One of the best Zelda games in tone, themes, and general gameplay. Highly recommend it.

Just be aware that the wolf forms aren't the most fun, but powering through them is more than worth it.

Don't play it. Be patient and wait for an inevitable remake on Nintendo's next console or handheld. I don't think the Wii U will get another Zelda remake, but you could wait till E3 to make sure.