By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles X could have gotten a downgrade

Would it matter to you a downgrade in XCX?

Yes 144 29.45%

No 266 54.40%

See results 79 16.16%

Total:489
curl-6 said:
Come on guys, let's keep it polite now.

Done. Didn't mean to derail thread my apologies

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Tachikoma said:
curl-6 said:

I wouldn't call it an overall downgrade, because other areas, notably the outdoor ones, have been upgraded:

PResented better, artistically, but technologically a step backwards, if you'd like a detailed examination of this and exactly why even this pictures show a downgrade, i'd be happy to entertain.

I see more texture and geometric detail on the building exteriors of NLA, higher resolution ground textures in the field, and mountains added on the left of the landscape gif.

The crude, choppy attack animations and close-range pop-in/out of the reveal trailer also appear to be fixed.

What am I missing?

I don't get why the bidem picture is relevant here, it's close to a year old.

AnthonyW86 said:

No it isn't, it was shown in the Direct 5 months ago.

curl-6 said:
AnthonyW86 said:

Ah i see, American dates. I read it as May 11th 2014. But still i wouldn't use something is that old, from when are the other screens?

AnthonyW86 said:
curl-6 said:

Ah i see, American dates. I read it as May 11th 2014. But still i wouldn't use something is that old, from when are the other screens?

It actually threw me for a sec too; I'm in Australia, where it goes day/month/year.

It's not actually my comparison, just one I found on another site where the same topic was being discussed.

Around the Network

Funny thing is, what really annoys me is character design and the mediocre to bad animations graphicswise. Not downgrades and/or changes.
Facial animation is probably the worst i've seen in the last decade.

captain carot said:
Facial animation is probably the worst i've seen in the last decade.

Never owned a Wii, huh?

Owned one with very few games. Never liked Wiimote and never will. But even older games like FF XII had better overall animation and better facial animation.
Maybe the dialogue in Endless Ocean was as bad animated. But at least all the underwater stuff looked good.

It does look less cinematic now. Guess they decided to go for a more coherent look between ingame and cutscenes.

captain carot said:
Owned one with very few games. Never liked Wiimote and never will. But even older games like FF XII had better overall animation and better facial animation.
Maybe the dialogue in Endless Ocean was as bad animated. But at least all the underwater stuff looked good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ1N0IRj9Ts