By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you believe we landed on the moon?

I believe we did

Around the Network

Convincingly faking a moon landing and keeping it a secret for 40 years would be a much more difficult accomplishment than actually landing on the moon.

StarcraftManiac said:

You guys know the hammer vs feather drop on the moon?! I think that proofs that we've been there! Just watch it on youtube if you don't know what i mean. Search for hammer feather moon or something.

I.e.g the principal is like this. Gravity lets stuff accelerate at a certain speed per second (on earth 9.81 m/s). As such, things are bound to fall at a simultaneous speed, even with a different weight or mass. However, the Earth has an atmosphere. Within that atmosphere is air (combination of oxigen, hydrogen, nitrogen etc...) This creates friction with the thing that's falling. So really light things fall less hard because the can't move the molecules in the air as fast aside as the heavy falling obstacles can. That's why there's a difference in speed. On the Moon however, there is no atmosphere, so no air, so no friction... As such, Newton thought things of a different weight would fall at a simulatious speed. He was right according to the youtube video. And i think this is proof enough that we've been on the Moon!

Huge respect plus for appealing to physics. 

This shit AGAIN??? Didn't we just debate this foolishness a week or two ago?

Here's a historical answer to the ?

http://www.windows.ucar.edu/tour/link=/kids_space/moon_flag.html&edu=elem

Around the Network

Of course we did.

And I should know, I was there.

Yes we did. I am 100% positive no doubt in my mind.

Any skeptic is just some crazy person looking to get attention.

And you can prove the moon landings happened if you either get a telescope powerful enough to see the landing sites (a large amount of the equipment is still there) or go there yourself and see.

The United States will be returning to the moon soon followed a decade or so later by China so I am sure they can gain plenty of proof from that.

PC Gamer

Yup. We landed Andy Kaufman on the moon. R.E.M. said so.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

I belive the moon landing was real

I believe it was fake.