By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you believe we landed on the moon?

I believe that we did, I think there is no doubt about it.

But some sceptics see otherwise.

Let's have a discussion..

Around the Network

If by "We", you mean the British, I don't believe so. If you mean humanity, yes.

EDIT: Of course I knew what you meant. ;) There was a thread about this a little while back. 

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=100&id=18563

Uh... yeah?

Dogs Rule said:
If by "We", you mean the British, I don't believe so. If you mean humanity, yes.

Of course I mean humanity, what did you think I meant by we? This is an international site after all.

the flag was moving in the video... that seems to be the bigest thing that throughs ppl off

Around the Network

I believe very sternly that we did lol. We have about a million satelites up there, the moon can't be too much further :) LOL

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Everyone who thinks we didn´t land on the moon gets a huge respect minus from me.

All these stupid theories (no moon landing, area 51, 9/11...) are all based on the fact that you can´t prove them right or wrong yourself... none of us can go to the moon or area 51 or ask Osama about 9/11, is that a good reason to question everything ??? Hell no. The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.

We did... Not a big deal though. I think the real big deal will be when we get to about Warp 4 for 5... Then, we can actually see something other then a ball of dust ridden craters! Maybe have some contact with real aliens and change the concept of FPS's...

You guys know the hammer vs feather drop on the moon?! I think that proofs that we've been there! Just watch it on youtube if you don't know what i mean. Search for hammer feather moon or something.

I.e.g the principal is like this. Gravity lets stuff accelerate at a certain speed per second (on earth 9.81 m/s). As such, things are bound to fall at a simultaneous speed, even with a different weight or mass. However, the Earth has an atmosphere. Within that atmosphere is air (combination of oxigen, hydrogen, nitrogen etc...) This creates friction with the thing that's falling. So really light things fall less hard because the can't move the molecules in the air as fast aside as the heavy falling obstacles can. That's why there's a difference in speed. On the Moon however, there is no atmosphere, so no air, so no friction... As such, Newton thought things of a different weight would fall at a simulatious speed. He was right according to the youtube video. And i think this is proof enough that we've been on the Moon! 

THE NETHERLANDS

I would like us to get to some kinda warp speed and prove all the scientiest wroung that travel at light speed is impossible, but as for landing on the moon i belive we did and i actually saw a programme on discovery about it explaining certain things like why no stars show in the photos and why the flag moves, but the sceptics still wouldn't belive on that programme.