By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most toxic game (NOT console) community you've encountered

Tagged games:

StarOcean said:
ReimTime said:

I third that. Anything you say on the Final Fantasy subreddit gets downvoted to oblivion. No matter what you say, you'll get bitched at for it

I know! Seriously, it's like I say I like a game like FFX or FFIII and then someone will say: "Oh god, you played III and liked it? Try 5, it's much better in pretty much every single way and if you say otherwise I'll make fun of you for liking it." or "FFX? Are you fucking serious? How'd you even get through 5 minutes playing as Tedious? And it's linear. So it sucks. Only 1-9 count, but not 7 because it's overrated now" Those are exaggerated but very real things that have been said to me in the past.

I thought I'd like it but I abandoned it after spending about two weeks subscribed. One guy got downvoted 10 times within a few minutes for asking whether or not the FFX HD Remaster would be full price. It was ridiculous

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Around the Network
ReimTime said:
StarOcean said:
ReimTime said:

I third that. Anything you say on the Final Fantasy subreddit gets downvoted to oblivion. No matter what you say, you'll get bitched at for it

I know! Seriously, it's like I say I like a game like FFX or FFIII and then someone will say: "Oh god, you played III and liked it? Try 5, it's much better in pretty much every single way and if you say otherwise I'll make fun of you for liking it." or "FFX? Are you fucking serious? How'd you even get through 5 minutes playing as Tedious? And it's linear. So it sucks. Only 1-9 count, but not 7 because it's overrated now" Those are exaggerated but very real things that have been said to me in the past.

I thought I'd like it but I abandoned it after spending about two weeks subscribed. One guy got downvoted 10 times within a few minutes for asking whether or not the FFX HD Remaster would be full price. It was ridiculous

Yeah, it's a bad situation all around. But you can't blame them too much. The games are all very different from each other which was bound to create splits in the fan base. Still doesn't excuse their terrible behavior though

StarOcean said:
ReimTime said:

Yeah, it's a bad situation all around. But you can't blame them too much. The games are all very different from each other which was bound to create splits in the fan base. Still doesn't excuse their terrible behavior though

True that; everyone takes a side and bands up to hate on the other games haha. Other than that there was some enjoyable content. I especially liked the fan art and cosplays

#1 Amb-ass-ador

ReimTime said:
StarOcean said:

True that; everyone takes a side and bands up to hate on the other games haha. Other than that there was some enjoyable content. I especially liked the fan art and cosplays

Yeah, some of it can be really nice. BTW how do you take out some of the grey text boxs on quote threads? Theres a limit to how many can be up at once, right? I'd like to know how to cut out old parts of convos XD

The console/system wars game has very toxic community. Specially the endgame players encountered in the level called VGChartz and player bosses called moderators.

Around the Network
StarOcean said:
ReimTime said:

Yeah, some of it can be really nice. BTW how do you take out some of the grey text boxs on quote threads? Theres a limit to how many can be up at once, right? I'd like to know how to cut out old parts of convos XD

I think the limit on quote trees is 3(?) All you have to do is click on the border of the one you want to remove and hit delete. It works from the outside in so if you delete the newest one it will delete them all

#1 Amb-ass-ador

ReimTime said:
StarOcean said:

I think the limit on quote trees is 3(?) All you have to do is click on the border of the one you want to remove and hit delete. It works from the outside in so if you delete the newest one it will delete them all

Oh it works o.o thank you very much! 

StarOcean said:
ReimTime said:
StarOcean said:

Oh it works o.o thank you very much! 

Glad to have helped!

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Besides Sonic and Call of Duty, personally, League of Legends and DOTA have communities so terrible that you'll wonder why you even bothered playing these games. Having huge egos, they'll surely pull out death threats or call you the typical internet names such as a noob.

Close calls for me are TF2 for nearly the same reasons as Call of Duty and of course, Final Fantasy.

PwerlvlAmy said:
ReimTime said:

Really? What are your reasons? Just curious

They come off as if every naughty dog game is a second coming and come off as very arrogant for the most part to me. Not all,but a lot of them do. It's rather annoying

How is that a problem? everyone does that, not only with naughty dog. Halo? COD? Gears of war? LOL? Bayonetta?. It's the exact same arrogance.
If i had to pick the worst out of these, including the Naughty dog fanbase, i would go for COD fans to be the worst. They will hate on you so damn hard for the smallest reasons possible.  I ignore arrogance, cause everyone is proud of what they are fans of, it's actually quite natural and some is more dedicated then others, but you can't get a worse dedication when you are starting to get threats and violent messages just because you killed a dude in COD way to many times. you won't find that in the Uncharted MP or TLOU MP, Not even from LOL

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90