By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most toxic game (NOT console) community you've encountered

Tagged games:

sabvre42 said:
The Diablo 3 PC crowd used to be pure vitriol. Reaper of Souls improved things, but every fuqing day it's "drrrppp diablo 2 was better."

In seriousness, D3's community could be pretty difficult at times. It's not the worst I've seen, but there was a perpetual negativity back when i played it. I'm glad to here things have improved.

Around the Network
hatmoza said:
The few times I logged to PS3 Home... my God the community was worse than the youtube comment section.

maybe the experience was different in .. Djibouti .. but I had a good time in Home just playing a few games of chess a month with total strangers, some of which clearly had no idea of the game, while some played like semi-gods - it was really exciting to make a few moves and try to judge the opponents level of play from that

there was not that much communication, but by far most of it was polite and pleasant, only I think 2 times people raged/swore at me and once somebody was trying to block the chess boards I sat at, so I just logged out and called it a night

apart from that obviously some thought it was funny to do the dances in uncomfortably close proximity, but I can't say I was really disturbed by that

Lafiel said:
hatmoza said:
The few times I logged to PS3 Home... my God the community was worse than the youtube comment section.

maybe the experience was different in .. Djibouti .. but I had a good time in Home just playing a few games of chess a month with total strangers, some of which clearly had no idea of the game, while some played like semi-gods - it was really exciting to make a few moves and try to judge the opponents level of play from that

there was not that much communication, but by far most of it was polite and pleasant, only I think 2 times people raged/sweared at me and once somebody was trying to block the chess boards I sat at, so I just logged out and called it a night

apart from that obviously some thought it was funny to do the dances in uncomfortably close proximity, but I can't say I was really disturbed by that

Off the bat... when your reply is pre judged by where a person lives... it says more about yourself. I think there's a word for that. :P

Second, I think I was very direct in answering the title of this thread.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

hatmoza said:
Lafiel said:

there was not that much communication, but by far most of it was polite and pleasant, only I think 2 times people raged/sweared at me and once somebody was trying to block the chess boards I sat at, so I just logged out and called it a night

Off the bat... when your reply is pre judged by where a person lives... it says more about yourself. I think there's a word for that. :P

Second, I think I was very direct in answering the title of this thread.

so you really are located in Djibouti? I did those ".." because the information seemed to have a high chance to be inaccurate, as your age info "2 years old" seems a bit questionable aswell :)

if it came off as offensive, then I'm very sorry, no offense intendend at all

I noticed you posting a ":P" behind that statement, but it seemed a bit too harsh to me (we germans have a really thin skin when it comes to being called "racist") to be a total joke reply

Areym said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

They come off as if every naughty dog game is a second coming and come off as very arrogant for the most part to me. Not all,but a lot of them do. It's rather annoying

Last three games have been 90+ meta, and two of the most awarded games in history are uncharted 2 and The last of us. They also made the hugely successful Crash series. I mean that is fairly impressive. That is Nintendo quality impressive.

uh ok? lol

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick