By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If there is one video game IP nintendo should own, wich one?

What IP should Nintendo aquire?

Mega Man 64 39.51%

Castlevania 15 9.26%

Banjo Kazooie 32 19.75%

Dark Souls?? 15 9.26%

Ratchet and Clank 4 2.47%

Crash Bandicoot 14 8.64%

Other 18 11.11%

Total:162

Personally, I would love it if they rescued Banjo-Kazooie. The first two games in the series are close to perfection, and it would be great to see what the talented minds at Nintendo EAD could do with the property. Banjo-Tooie, with it's expansive environments and physically connected levels, hinted at a bold future for open world platformers. So far that future has gone unrealized.

In terms of benefit to the industry, it would make most sense for Nintendo to pick up Mega Man, a founding father of the modern video game industry. The series could make a return to its former glory under the watchful eye of Nintendo EAD and/or Retro, two of the best platform developers out there.

If it's about turning a profit, it would make sense for Nintendo to buy Monster Hunter and ensure exclusive rights in perpetuity.

Around the Network

Definitely Banjo-Kazooie.

bunchanumbers said:
onionberry said:
97alexk said:

So i been thinking if nintendo could revive or make some old IP's popular again. 

They should own StarTropics and Eternal Darkn.. oh wait!

Star Tropics is awesome! Didn't know anybody else ever heard of it.

OT If they were going to grab any IP I'd probably say Bayonetta. Either that or they find a way to keep Monster Hunter locked up forever.

it's a hidden gem! I was looking for "games like zelda" 

Megaman no doubt.

Megaman

Its so ninendo

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

Little big planet

Proud Owner of:

Atari: 2600 5200 Jaguar

Sega: Master System Genesis (W/CD) Saturn Dreamcast Game Gear

Nintendo: NES SNES N64 Gamecube WII WIIU GB GBA(W/e-Reader) DS(i) 3DS

Sony: PS1 PS2 PS3 PS4(W/VR) PSP

Microsoft: XBOX XBOX360

Other: Colecovision, TurboGrafx-16, OUYA, R-Zone Super Screen, Xavix, Intellivision

Windows 10 w/ 12GB RAM, first Gen i7 processor, and 480 GTX; MacBook Air

Grand Theft Auto.

Fable.

Mega Man! The Blue Bomber would start getting all the love he deserves if Ninty would own the IP!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Halo, just for the lulz.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.