By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can Fatal Frame V become the best-selling entry in the series?

Can FF5 sell the most in the series?

Yes, it's possible. 169 70.12%

No, you're insane. 54 22.41%

See results. 18 7.47%

Total:241
Kyuu said:
curl-6 said:

That would be sweet, FFIV is a superb game.

Calling it FF is misleading as it is.. please refrain from adding Roman numerals

You must be psychic mate, I posted it with arabic numerals, then saw this, haha.

Fatal Frame > Final Fantasy mwahahaha :p .

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
While I love them both, I would rank FF4 slightly above the FF2 remake, as I found it's story more interesting, and I prefer the original voice acting with subtitles over English dubbing. :)

Oh, I meant the whole series, haha. (except for FF5, obviously)

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Skullwaker said:
curl-6 said:
While I love them both, I would rank FF4 slightly above the FF2 remake, as I found it's story more interesting, and I prefer the original voice acting with subtitles over English dubbing. :)

Oh, I meant the whole series, haha. (except for FF5, obviously)

I'm a bit biased here, as Fatal Frame 1-3 use mostly fixed camera angles, which I really dislike, haha. ;)

curl-6 said:
I'm a bit biased here, as Fatal Frame 1-3 use mostly fixed camera angles, which I really dislike, haha. ;)

That's understandable. I also prefer an over-the-shoulder perspective. 

I don't really know if it was a design choice or a hardware limitation for horror games back then, since most did have fixed camera angles up until Resi 4, I believe (I guess Silent Hill 4 could count too since it was both first-person and third-person). I'm just going on a tangent now.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Skullwaker said:
curl-6 said:

That's understandable. I also prefer an over-the-shoulder perspective. 

I don't really know if it was a design choice or a hardware limitation for horror games back then, since most did have fixed camera angles up until Resi 4, I believe (I guess Silent Hill 4 could count too since it was both first-person and third-person). I'm just going on a tangent now.

Well, it does allow for the system's rendering power to be more focussed, as the devs have more control over what's on screen at any one time.

RE 1-3 had to be fixed angles, as they actually used pre-rendered 2D backdrops, not 3D ones, so a moving camera would have broken the illusion.

Fatal Frame 1-3 aren't pre-rendered, at least not mostly, but they still mean a lot of elements can be 2D or one-sided.

Suffice it to say, by the time they got to the Wii and Wii U, horsepower wasn't in such short supply, allowing the devs more breathing room to implement a mobile camera.

Around the Network

Possible but unlikely.

Not only possible, but highly likely.

I think it can, considering the lack of games coming out for it. It may attract a small number of people to the system as well.

I for one will be purchasing it day one and I'll be brand new to the series!

1doesnotsimply

No it won't. Probably will sell another 50-60k in the west. Bit of topic but when's the EU release date?

Anyway how does this franchise make money ff5 seems quite polished and looks great must have cost a bit to devolop