By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can Fatal Frame V become the best-selling entry in the series?

Can FF5 sell the most in the series?

Yes, it's possible. 169 70.12%

No, you're insane. 54 22.41%

See results. 18 7.47%

Total:241
curl-6 said:
That would be sweet, FFIV is a superb game.

I've seen a good chunk of it on Youtube and it looks fantastic. Love its setting.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
baloofarsan said:

--Zero, Pilotwings, Wave Race, 1080º, Paper Mario, Mario Golf are all Nintendo 1st party games, Fatal Frame is not

It is probably a rather complex situation:

"it seems that the Fatal Frame/Project Zero IP is now officially co-owned by Nintendo. Nintendo recently updated it’s copyright status, and seems to have full ownership of the spin-off Spirit Photography IP, and co-owns the Fatal Frame IP, including having ownership and publishing rights of this remake."

http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-news/several-new-project-zerofatal-frame-2-wii-edition-trailers-fatal-frame-ip-now-officially-co-owned-by-nintendo/

Depends on the buzz it will get. If they advertise it correctly, it can reach 200k lifetime maybe more.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...

Optimistically I hope it does with all the buzz and hype its getting.

But it's really hard to see it beating the ones on PS2 as that had a much larger install base.

EDIT: Wrong thread!

Around the Network

This would sell well if Nintendo would let Pewdiepie do a Lets Play of it.

Easily, and If they're really serious about selling this they could pull an Awakening and try and make it sell pretty well for the franchise it is.

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

Skullwaker said:
curl-6 said:
That would be sweet, FFIV is a superb game.

I've seen a good chunk of it on Youtube and it looks fantastic. Love its setting.

Yeah, it sounds limited on paper, having a game take place almost entirely inside one building, but it's absolutely masterful the way they handle it.

It's a downright crime that game was never released in the West, it deserved better.

If you have or are willing to get a modded Wii, there's a fan translation patch available via homebrew that makes the game playable in English subtitles. Failing that, if you're in PAL, the Wii remake of Fatal Frame 2 is excellent also. :)

curl-6 said:
Yeah, it sounds limited on paper, having a game take place almost entirely inside one building, but it's absolutely masterful the way they handle it.

It's a downright crime that game was never released in the West, it deserved better.

If you have or are willing to get a modded Wii, there's a fan translation patch available via homebrew that makes the game playable in English subtitles. Failing that, if you're in PAL, the Wii remake of Fatal Frame 2 is excellent also. :)

Agreed.

Unfortunately, I'm in NTSC. I would absolutely consider homebrewing my Wii if they decide not to go the Bayo route, though. Off topic, but how would you rank the games?

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Skullwaker said:
curl-6 said:

Agreed.

Unfortunately, I'm in NTSC. I would absolutely consider homebrewing my Wii if they decide not to go the Bayo route, though. Off topic, but how would you rank the games?

While I love them both, I would rank FF4 slightly above the FF2 remake, as I found it's story more interesting, and I prefer the original voice acting with subtitles over English dubbing. :)