By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you think Nintendo will be relevent next gen?

I think they'l be relevant but by ignore many of your suggestions.

You can currently send a friend request if you know the persons user name. No need of friend codes.

Nintendo needs to give up on the idea of big third parties given them real support. Still go after indies but make sure there's a killer line up of exclusives at launch and for the first year. Then pick the right name and do the right marketing.

Around the Network

Even if they consoles tank hard next gen, Nintendo will still be relevant.

Nintendo are still a powerful entity in the industry, you will be deluding yourself to think otherwise.

Lmao.

While I think the NX will do a bit better than Wii U, they won't.

RolStoppable said:
teigaga said:

By letting them on stage? :/

They were allowed to go on stage before too, but they never had a reason to. So if third party executives came on stage for the Wii U, does that mean that Nintendo had put more effort into the relationships or does it mean less effort?

The success of the Wii could easily be the reason. Regardless we really have no reason to believe that Nintendo made any meaningful effort to acommadate third parties, inviting them on stage isn't really what most people are talking about. I think we're talking more hardware, online infastructure and even some financial compensation. Its not completely new to them, they've compensated Sqaure and Capcom in the past and they've made deals with Sega for exclusive content. Now they just need to do the same but with people relevant on consoles lol

Ruler said:

I think nintendo can only become relavent if MS leaves the console bussines like during the n64 days, then its again all playstation vs a bit of nintendo over there. Those were the best times in gaming.

thats more nostalgia, and other factors like dlc fault than MS's

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Yes, they will be relevant.

They'll do it by ignoring the major third party publishers and focusing on their own strengths.

Seriously, did any 3rd parties ask for the gamepad to be included with the Wii U?

It's clear Nintendo did not bother asking 3rd parties when deciding how their console will be made. I remember Pete Hines from Bathesda saying this about the Wii U:

"If you're going to just decide, 'we're going to make a box, and this is how it's going to work and you should make games for it,' well, no. No is my answer."

While on the other hand he had this to say about MS and Sony:

"You have to do what Sony and Microsoft has been doing with us for a long time, and it's not that every time we met with them we got all the answers we wanted, but they involved us very early on and talked to folks like Bethesda and Gearbox [sic] and saying, 'here's what we're doing, here's what we're planning, here's how we think it's going to work.' To hear what we thought, from our tech guys and from an experience standpoint, what we thought."

This is coming from Bathesda who are a big 3rd party publisher. Just because Nintendo got a 3rd party executive on stage doesn't change how they ignored them while making the box itself. Ultimately that's why all the 3rd parties left them. The Wii U was Nintendo doing their own thing and hoping 3rd parties would support them.

Just ignore third partys and everything will be cool.

kinisking said:
Ruler said:

I think nintendo can only become relavent if MS leaves the console bussines like during the n64 days, then its again all playstation vs a bit of nintendo over there. Those were the best times in gaming.

Well who introduced dlc on consoles? it was EA, star wars battlefront, on original Xbox

Ruler said:
kinisking said:

Well who introduced dlc on consoles? it was EA, star wars battlefront, on original Xbox

It was EA, not ms.? It would have been introduced whether or not the original xbox existed anyways. the only reason why it was on original xbox was because it was the most internet ready console at the time. ps3 would have had it regardless.

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

ps3-sales! said:

-garner at least decent 3rd party support (easy with new controller)

You can't just get some third party support, you need to get almost all of it.  Gamers need to feel comfortable that they can play every game they'll need to on your console, you need to earn that trust.  When Valve shit on the PS3 Sony didn't go well we have support from all these other third party developers so fuck them, no they kissed ass and even got them on their E3 stage.