By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Nintendo going to take down Mother 4?

?

Yes, sadly 42 65.63%

No! They will appreciate it's glory! 22 34.38%

Total:64

I think they'll actually be forward thinking and release them on the Wii U and/or 3DS. I'm not even kidding. I think they might "Street Fighter x Mega Man" this game, and eat the good PR.

Only, replace the word "think" with "pray."

Around the Network

They should.

Volterra_90 said:
I don't think so. They did this with the fan-made Mario 64 only because they were planning to release Mario 64 in WiiU VC. Sadly, I don't think Nintendo is working on the Mother franchise. If the game don't interfere with their plans, I doubt they will bother with it.

My thoughts exactly. They're in the business of selling nostalgia. When people play Mario 64 Hd they may not buy the original on VC. Mother 4 isn't an existing thing. They would only take it down if it were + the developers can just rename it and say it's in the style of Mother 3, without using the name, worst case scenario, right?

Check the Make Account Later blog @ www.makeaccountlater.wordpress.com

Follow me on Twitter @MCJFranck

The_Sony_Girl1 said:
thatguymarco said:

Fuck them if they do, and if they do, they deserve the irrelevancy they've been gathering over the years and even more. I would be so done with them.

I thought you already were, with the tone of your post.

Nah, I still enjoy their games too much, and care a lot about their franchises, to be done with them. AKA I will never be done with them, but it will always pain me to see them making such stupid decisions.

I'm now filled with determination.

why don't the guys make a game of their own instead? making games created by others is such a stupid time waiter when they can make money on an original game with no limitations except their own

If Nintendo decides to take it down they have every right to do so

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

Nintendo is too fucking lazy to make a new Mother game, so taking down a fan-made game is obviously the way to go!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

They don't care about Mother enough to do it.

Pixel Art can be fun.

I don't see why, Itoi said if someone else wants to make a Mother 4 go ahead, and thats what they are doing.

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

ExplodingBlock said:

So that Super Mario 64 HD fan game that guy made was awesome,but Nintendo decided to try to make them take it down due to copyright infringement

Even though the game is completely free and they are not making any money from it...

So the question is, will Nintendo try to take down Mother 4?

Mother 4 is looking to be one of the best fan made games ever, it's been in development for years, and they are just doing it to please the Mother fanbase

They are doing this on their own time with their own resources, not profiting from it at all, they won't even accept donations

Do you think Nintendo will try to take it down? It seems like they might, but I really hope they don't, the creators are putting ALOT of work into this game

It's hard to say what will happen. Perhaps Nintendo looks into each of these, prior to any takedown notice. In which case, maybe they'll see what these people have done, go "this is actually pretty good, maybe we can give a final push to get it up to scratch, and then have it released officially", and rather than just taking it down, they could make it the "true" Mother 4.

Not that I expect that to happen, but I do think Nintendo would be smart to start deputising quality fan developers into their game development, specifically for franchises that Nintendo aren't willing to take big risks on (like Mother, Ice Climbers, etc).

thatguymarco said:

Fuck them if they do, and if they do, they deserve the irrelevancy they've been gathering over the years and even more. I would be so done with them.

So you think any of us should be allowed to steal any intellectual property that we want,just because...? If I open a restaurant called red lobster it will be shut down even if it's non profit. If I write a book, I can't call it a game of thrones and claim that its non profit so it's ok. 

Whether the the game is a popular current franchise or not is irrelevant. If someone breaks the law, it's the principle of it. They can't pick and choose when to apply the law just because a game wasn't popular. Sure, let's just let large developers steal  ideas from indie devs too. Or is it not ok? Picking and choosing.....picking.....and....choosing.