By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will Wii U outsell the GCN?

When will Wii U outsell GCN?

2017 11 22.00%

2018 16 32.00%

2019 23 46.00%

Total:50

When do you think Wii U will outsell the GCN? If you dont agree then please be respectful.Trying to get opinions from people who agree with the title.

Around the Network

In its last year of existence. But it will, 100 % confident about it.

Never.

Ninten78 said:

When do you think Wii U will outsell the GCN? If you dont agree then please be respectful.Trying to get opinions from people who agree with the title.

There is no scenario in which Wii U will be able to sell over 22M units.

If the price cuts won't be to the extend of gc,which were two consecutive drops of 50$ and 50$ respectively, in its first two years and made it to sell fast the 60% of its lifetime(13m) in just these two years,wii u will never outsell gamecube!
Gamecube VS wii u gap in Europe and Japan is very small but huge in the USA...
If it gets this year at 249$ and 199$ next year,then wii u might have pass it mid 2017

Around the Network

2017 probably, maybe only 2018

Turkish said:
Never.

This.

I don't think it will, because I don't see how sales in 2015 could top even 3 million units. In 2016 is definitely going to surpass that quantiy though. So maybe 2.6 and 3.5 respectively. During the next years the sales will collapse, Nintendo will bring the successor at least in late 2017. And you know, once the successor arrives, sales of the previous machine start to slown down. 3-4 million units between 2017 and 2019, most probably, and that would make for a grand total of 19 million units, just below the GameCube.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

If it doesn't get very close to outselling it in 2017; it never will. I expect somewhere between 18mil and 22 mil lifetime for Wii U. Approximately 4.75-5 million this year, 4.25 - 4.5 million next year, 2.5 million 2017, 250k after that until it is discontinued.

Never.

The Wii U is about 4+ million behind right now (launch alligned) and the gap is getting bigger every week not smaller.