By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will Wii U outsell the GCN?

When will Wii U outsell GCN?

2017 11 22.00%

2018 16 32.00%

2019 23 46.00%

Total:50

I would have said yes but I think last holiday shows that they are in for profits and not really hardware sales so I am not really confident it can anymore but it depends on how long it is supported for... If their next console launches in 2018 buy some off chance, then maybe but if its before that, probably not

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

It won't.

tak13 said:
If the price cuts won't be to the extend of gc,which were two consecutive drops of 50$ and 50$ respectively, in its first two years and made it to sell fast the 60% of its lifetime(13m) in just these two years,wii u will never outsell gamecube!
Gamecube VS wii u gap in Europe and Japan is very small but huge in the USA...
If it gets this year at 249$ and 199$ next year,then wii u might have pass it mid 2017

It still hasnt had a single price cut here in Australia -_-
Same price I paid for it launch day.
But yeah it seriously needs to be at a price where somebody could just impulse buy it if they want to move even a few units sadly and its not even close to being their.

sc94597 said:
If it doesn't get very close to outselling it in 2017; it never will. I expect somewhere between 18mil and 22 mil lifetime for Wii U. Approximately 4.75-5 million this year, 4.25 - 4.5 million next year, 2.5 million 2017, 250k after that until it is discontinued.

Last year the console couldn't top 4 million, even when it had Kart 8 and Smash at its disposal. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

I don't see it happening sadly. It just hasn't built up the "momentum" that they hoped for but I'm fine with that. The way I see it is, they're missing out.

Around the Network
Metallox said:
sc94597 said:
If it doesn't get very close to outselling it in 2017; it never will. I expect somewhere between 18mil and 22 mil lifetime for Wii U. Approximately 4.75-5 million this year, 4.25 - 4.5 million next year, 2.5 million 2017, 250k after that until it is discontinued.

Last year the console couldn't top 4 million, even when it had Kart 8 and Smash at its disposal. 

This year it should get a significant price-cut/redesign and have an accumulation of a good backlog of software (which sells more consoles than one or two big releases.) 

I'm not sure if it will or not, but one thing's for sure: They have a lot of room for price cuts.

sc94597 said:
Metallox said:

This year it should get a significant price-cut/redesign and have an accumulation of a good backlog of software (which sells more consoles than one or two big releases.) 

I see a $50 price cut maybe and that's it. But X1 and PS4 will also likely get price cuts too, so it's not exactly some trump card for Nintendo.  

$249.99 w/Mario Kart 8 + MK8 DLC bundled this fall. 

it wont without a 100$ price drop.

being positive in 2 or 3 years.

then again most of its biggest titles with the exception of zelda have already come out and its not even at 10 million so i dont really blame those who think it wont outsell the Gamecube, but i hope it does even if its in its last year.