By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US April monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

eva01beserk said:
Not trying to be a buzzkill but, amazon threads have lost their charm a bit since we know now for a while that the ps4 will always be on top no matter what. Maybe on the hollidays with the x1 having a good enough bundle we can have debates and predictions.

Ill keep reading theese,but please, someone make a crazzy prediction or something to make this challenging again. :p

Ill start, I predict this year to not have a summer drought as bad as before, manny games like batman have been promised for summer, so I expect a big YoY increase in hardware, at least for ps4 and wii u wich have exclusive games coming in the summer.

The Wii U had Mario Kart 8 last year to give a massive boost during the summer. It doubled it's baseline for like 4 months. No way it'll be up YoY in the June-August period this year.

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
eva01beserk said:
Not trying to be a buzzkill but, amazon threads have lost their charm a bit since we know now for a while that the ps4 will always be on top no matter what. Maybe on the hollidays with the x1 having a good enough bundle we can have debates and predictions.

Ill keep reading theese,but please, someone make a crazzy prediction or something to make this challenging again. :p

Ill start, I predict this year to not have a summer drought as bad as before, manny games like batman have been promised for summer, so I expect a big YoY increase in hardware, at least for ps4 and wii u wich have exclusive games coming in the summer.

The Wii U had Mario Kart 8 last year to give a massive boost during the summer. It doubled it's baseline for like 4 months. No way it'll be up YoY in the June-August period this year.

No doubt mario kart was huge, but there might be many more smaller games than just a big game. As far as I know splatoon comes at the end of may, so it will help along june, and yoshi on seeptember, but I dont know what else. On E3 I expect to at least anounce one game in that gap, something last summer dint have. Does anybody know any other release I missed?

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Teeqoz said:
eva01beserk said:

Depends on a few things.  For one, Wii U is more healthy bow than then, so the summer titles won't have to do as much heavy lifting.  Bigger question is price.  If there is a $50 price cut by the summer or in conjunction with Splatoon, the summer could at least be matched or be up since the price will have a longer lasting effect overall.

Teeqoz said:
eva01beserk said:

June: 140,000 ... yeah, unrless a massive pricedrop, a BOOM E3, and a miracle no way for Wii U sell more this year.

July: 81,000 ... well, that is more possible, it did nearly 100,000 in February of this year, and yes i know that February is much bigger than July, but is a comparation for the actually Wii U trend.

August: 60,000 ... why no way for be up this time? Wii U worst NPD in 2015 is as for now January with 63,000 unit sold... there is a massive prossible for Wii U to be up YOY in August.

Ryng_Tolu said:
Teeqoz said:

June: 140,000 ... yeah, unrless a massive pricedrop, a BOOM E3, and a miracle no way for Wii U sell more this year.

July: 81,000 ... well, that is more possible, it did nearly 100,000 in February of this year, and yes i know that February is much bigger than July, but is a comparation for the actually Wii U trend.

August: 60,000 ... why no way for be up this time? Wii U worst NPD in 2015 is as for now January with 63,000 unit sold... there is a massive prossible for Wii U to be up YOY in August.

Total. 140k+81k+60k. 281k. It won't do more than that next year in the US.

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:

That doesn't matter. It still is interesting to how gaming products are doing and how high or low they are on the chart. It's fun.

Formerly ilovegirls69  :(

Pionner said:
eva01beserk said:

That doesn't matter. It still is interesting to how gaming products are doing and how high or low they are on the chart. It's fun.

Yeah I agree, these threads have both console and games listed. So as long as we continue to have both, the threads will be interesting. Also for me, its by how much a console will win that holds the interesting point, based on what games are coming out and what impact they will have on each console.

Oh and Tagged :)

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Teeqoz said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Oh, total is a other question... yeah, probabily. But still not impossible. Just a possible scenario (and i don't believe will happen)

June: Pricerdrop 299,99$ ---> 199,99$ : 120,000

July: 90,000

August: 70,000

That will be very close.

tokilamockingbrd said:
I am completely shocked to see BB in the top 5, 10 days after release. I had always figured it would be front heavy due to its dedicated fanbase getting I ASAP and its less than mass market appeal.

that only proves even more that the game isnt as niche as people want to pretend it is

For example Demons Souls which didnt have any marketing or hype behind it (sold 1.77m), and it outsold Infamous 2 (which sold 1.76m) ( yes by 1k but still outsold it),  and we dont see people saying Infamous is niche...

The most popular niche series that i can think of are Persona, The Xeno series, and The Tales of games and the best selling games of those series are

Persona 4 Golden (0.89m) which is a remastered version of Persona 4 which sold 0.82m, so totale sales if we combined both versions are 1.71m

Xenosaga 1 (1.74m which is rare for this series since most of them sold less than a million)

Tales of Xillia (1.19m)

And Demons Souls (which sold 1.77m) outsold each one of those games even the combined versions of Persona 4, and unlike those games DeS wasnt a part of a popular series and didnt have any sort of fanbase behind it, not to mention it didnt have any marketing or hype behind it.

now about Dark Souls... well that game sold about 3 million so of course it outsold pretty much everything that i listed (including all the Infamous Games), im just not using it for comparison since its a multiplat game, and all the games i listed are exclusives so it only makes sense to compare them to exclusives, and Demons Souls is the only souls game (aside from Bloodborne) that is exclusive and we have its life time sales.

So if Demons Souls sold like that with no marketing and hype behind it and while being a new IP... then i expect Bloodborne to sell  MUCH more, considering that unlike DeS:

1) Bloodborne did have a lot of marketing behind it

2) it had hype behind it

3) its part of an already known series, which has grown with every installment.

Bloodborne sales will surprise everyone that thinks its a niche game, i think sales will be so good that its almost guaranteed that this will not be the last time we see a colaboration between Sony and From Software.

Ryng_Tolu said:
Teeqoz said:

Oh, total is a other question... yeah, probabily. But still not impossible. Just a possible scenario (and i don't believe will happen)

June: Pricerdrop 299,99$ ---> 199,99$ : 120,000

July: 90,000

August: 70,000

That will be very close.

Oh if they drop the price then it should be up (I would hope so at least lol)