By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Weekly hardware 7 March 2015

celador said:

Amazon is not as good an indicator in the UK as it is in the US, for whatever reason. If it was, PS4 would outsell X1 over 2:1 every week , but we know that is far from being the case

And why is impossible?

PS4 actually is above XBO by a pretty huge margin with a 350$ VS 400$ price...

If in UK the price is equal, is sure more probabily PS4 above XBO by 2:1 than XBO above PS4 even by only one unit!

Maybe not 2:1 ... but imo, 1.8:1 or 1.7:1 is realistic.

Around the Network

BTW GFK always says when Xbone sell more than PS4 in one week... it is so few weeks they bother to say it via MCV or other UK site.

Xbone still sell strong in UK. :)

Ka-pi96 said:
ethomaz said:
Bloodborne will be the second best PS4 mover... just behind Destiny.

It is not niche.

Bloodborne will never match the likes of FIFA or COD or even the GTA re release for moving consoles and it is most definitely niche.

So I guess 99% of games are niche by your meassures?

I mean its all semantics but Bloodborne's audience is far too big to keep calling it niche in context of the average game release (not Fifa and COD which are the 1%), technically everything is a niche in that it only appeals to a certain set of people but when that set of people is 2m+ I think the term looses value. No one cared to call The Order, Infamous etc Niche. 

VGC has the PS4 WW over tracked as of last week. Rounding would put it at 20.3m and not 20.2m
PS4 US under tracked in February by 43k after the update.
Xbox One and Wii U are pretty close to February NPD, so that's alright.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

Around the Network

Wii u could areas try to help xb1 so that ps4 doesn't reach 50 percent

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

tag

Welfare said:
VGC has the PS4 WW over tracked as of last week. Rounding would put it at 20.3m and not 20.2m
PS4 US under tracked in February by 43k after the update.
Xbox One and Wii U are pretty close to February NPD, so that's alright.

The VGC PS4 number for the week ending 28th Feb isn't overtracked. It's the official number from Sony.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

JoeAncelotti said:
Burek said:
I wonder if it's really worth commenting these numbers.
They are a month late, and then so obviously incorrect, with PS4 dropping from previous week with no apparent reason, and XOne rising over 20%.
Maybe they should have delayed the report a few more days to adjust the numbers.

The PS4 is down and I agree that it should be higher than it is, but they have changed the XOne numbers. It now has several weeks over 100k and is in fact 10k lower than the week before.

See, that's exactly the reason why I hate commenting on these weekly sales, and the reason why I don't take VGC numbers seriously. They just publish any random number, then weeks and months later go back and stealth edit past data. 

Nowhere and never do they admit their mistakes, and transparently show the adjustments. It's always best to wait for NPD, it is monthly, but at the rate VGC publishes numbers, it's not that much slower. And at least it can be taken at face value.

A) Bloodborne isn't niche.
B) this must be a delayed April fools thread.
Ps4 under, x1 over like usual. We will never know lifetime sales of any console it looks like.