By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The ULTIMATE sales comparison chart

So... by end of the week he meant early next week?

Around the Network
a.l.e.x59 said:
Ha, ha, ha... PS3 beats the Xbox 360 when you align launches. That's funny. Wow, Wii is really doing good.

exactly and no european sales..

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

URNotE said:
a.l.e.x59 said:
Ha, ha, ha... PS3 beats the Xbox 360 when you align launches. That's funny. Wow, Wii is really doing good.

exactly and no european sales..

there's no arguing the xbox's sad start but the PS3's launch day hype was the biggest sales boost it will ever experience.

Hi, I really like the new stuff you've added, ioi. However you at the same time removed an existing feature I really liked. When I did a console comparison with the old compare tool, it gave me a history of weekly sales of the selected consoles. For example if I go to http://vgchartz.com/japcomp.php?name1=Super+Smash+Bros+Melee&name2= then I will not only see a chart of the sales of my favorite game in Japan compared to absolutely nothing, but there will also be a long and rather dissapointing display of how even the taste of the Japanese market sometimes fails to appreciate great games. Is it possible to add a text-only comparison of weekly sales? It complimented the graph nicely, and was even better for some purposes. I understand generating the graph is kind of taxing for the site, so maybe you could add the option to only generate the other, or make it a separate feature alltogether? Otherwise I just love where this site is going. Keep up the good work!

Yeah. Tables are easier to copy/paste too. Hehe.

Also allows people to graph the data themselves in other ways if the chart tool is not accomodating.  Like holiday-aligned sales or something.

Around the Network

Great chart, congratulations. When will Europe (or at least "Others") be active? thanks.

ioi said:
So quite a few people have commented that they would like to see the full data below the graph, is this a general feeling?

Full data below the graph is always a plus. The site can never generate EVERY possible visual representation of all this data, and having it available lets users roll their own.

Also, the default color choice is a little odd... would've gone with Wii=blue, PS3=red, 360=green to match the bar graph on the front page of the site. And I'm with others on having an option to only display two lines. Actually, you could do any number of lines... :)

BTW, the flash applet is VERY slick.  Great work man. 

Interesting but not as useful as the old format. Another vote for a combo of the two.

ioi said:
albhum said:
Great chart, congratulations. When will Europe (or at least "Others") be active? thanks.

Later today...

So in otherwords somewhere between Tuesday Night and Next week?

The American data for older consoles is still missing...