By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The ULTIMATE sales comparison chart

Any chance we can also get the weekly numbers as well like we had before in chart form

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

I love vgchartz :P

ioi said:
I was going to try a mini-version of the 360 / Wii / PS3 chart on the home page once Euro data is on there as well. For a pie chart - how do you mean, current sales or what? You mean on the homepage? There are plenty more charts to come - monthly bar graphs for example and all sorts.

No I mean before in the console comparison, you'd also get the sales data numbers in a table/chart below the graphs

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

ioi said:
Bugs how?

when i GB, PS3 and Xbox 360 without align launches, I have this screen

i like the chart. this kind of chart i was always missing. go on ! :)

Around the Network

very nice job, but there are not the numbers of N64 in USA

I check others ...

titibgosse said:
ioi said:
Bugs how?

when i GB, PS3 and Xbox 360 without align launches, I have this screen

(screen removed)

It's not a bug. The VGChartz server seems to be a bit (quite, actually) unstable and it frequently times out.

In such a case, all you have to do is wait a minute or so and refresh. 

paqks said:

(screen removed)

I check others ...

Welcome to the forum, paqks! 

I had the same error message as titibgosse as well, but only randomly. ioi, This is an exciting new start for the comparison pages, but could you please bring back the exact date information? The horizontal axis is not precise enough. Could you not only show the units, but also the respective date when I mouse over the graphs? Possibly in a light box with dark borders (like html tooltips). Another idea: If I click a graph at a certain point the respective box will stay, and I could click several positions to see the numbers side-by-side.

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

your mother said:
paqks said:

(screen removed)

I check others ...

Welcome to the forum, paqks!

ps : I'm Belgian then I don't speak very quite English ...