By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Star Fox Horizons site is up, is infact April Fool's

If this is a joke, it's extremely well done. Too well done.

Around the Network
JustBeingReal said:
The site took ages to load for me, but it looks legitimately Nintendo.
The one thing I will say is that one of the tabs to the side of the screen says "Informations", not information, which is a bit of a silly typo.

We know that Starfox is meant to be coming out at some point this year, I don't see why the game wouldn't have a Winter 2015 release date. Nintendo has partnered with Platinum Games before, although I don't know if this kind of a title is PG's style, unless it's going to have some different kinds of on foot gameplay, 3rd person sections.

TBH I think Retro would be more suited, but I guess we'll find out in a few hours time.

You'd waste Retro's talent on an on-rails shooter?

JustBeingReal said:
The one thing I will say is that one of the tabs to the side of the screen says "Informations", not information, which is a bit of a silly typo.

We know that Starfox is meant to be coming out at some point this year, I don't see why the game wouldn't have a Winter 2015 release date. Nintendo has partnered with Platinum Games before, although I don't know if this kind of a title is PG's style, unless it's going to have some different kinds of on foot gameplay, 3rd person sections.

TBH I think Retro would be more suited, but I guess we'll find out in a few hours time.

Kamiya has stated interest in making a Star Fox game as well.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

The fonts have me calling fake, impressive non the less

Also a Platinumx Star Fox game made more sense then Bayonetta 2 IMO. They're also the only team I thought could push out a quality $60 title with less then 2 years development.

Ljink96 said:
If this is a joke, it's extremely well done. Too well done.

It's not well done at all, there's a typo that gives it all away. Plus there's nothing on the site. Nintendo wouldn't launch a site hours before their E3 Direct.

Around the Network

This'd be a pretty damn elaborate fake. I mean my god, the logo follows my mouse. Maybe that's easier to do than I think it is but...I think it's real.

Of course, it's not impossible to build a site like this that links to Nintendo's website as a Nintendo page would. I believe I've seen it done before. If this isn't a hoax, than between this and the Rayman hoax people have way too much time these days.

zorg1000 said:
JustBeingReal said:

Kamiya has stated interest in making a Star Fox game as well.

And that's the only reason why all these "leakers" claim it's being made by Platinum.

WhiteEaglePL said:
I swear the German leak was confirmed fake by the German guy, no?

It was confirmed fake because Atlus USA retweeted Nintendo's direct. Why would they do that unless they had something to show in it? Both leaks did not have anything Atlus related.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Could be that Nintendo is just poking fun on the leak

The domain name was registered yesterday and doesn't use Nintendo's name servers, even though most of their other domains appear to use their own name servers.

99.9% sure it's a fake.