By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Star Fox Horizons site is up, is infact April Fool's

Looks fake to me.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

Around the Network
WhiteEaglePL said:
Samus Aran said:

Their talent runs circles around Platinum Games.

Retro definitly have been critically going down.

Both developers are some of the best in the industry and to near-masterpeice standard. But PG* are still my favourite of all time ~October.

Metacritic means nothing when you read the (unfair) reviews. Bayonetta 2 is overrated and the fact that almost no one wants to buy any of their games proves that.

I honestly can't understand how a repetitive game like Bayonetta 2 can get such high reviews. And that's before we look at some of their really bad games like The Legend of Korra.

If Direct proves it fake........I'm screenshoting the site since it's beautiful!

Samus Aran said:
WhiteEaglePL said:

Both developers are some of the best in the industry and to near-masterpeice standard. But PG* are still my favourite of all time ~October.

Metacritic means nothing when you read the (unfair) reviews. Bayonetta 2 is overrated and the fact that almost no one wants to buy any of their games proves that.

I honestly can't understand how a repetitive game like Bayonetta 2 can get such high reviews. And that's before we look at some of their really bad games like The Legend of Korra.

Bayonetta-like games are just unfortunately a niche genre.

It's repettitive if you button mash and absolutly have no care to surroundings.

WhiteEaglePL said:

It's repetitive because there's no variation in gameplay. At least GoW changes things up by throwing puzzles and interesting cutscenes in the mix. I think we can both agree that Bayonetta 2 has poor cutscenes and an uninteresting story. The fact that the game can be beaten by button mashing is a flaw in itself.

This and Rayman Legends are my least favorite games on my Wii U. After this it became obvious to me how meaningless metacritic really is.

It looks convincing, but I think it's a fake. I would be surprised if this is real though.

Edit: Besides, isn't a Nintendo game site supposed have ".nintendo" in it?

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
WhiteEaglePL said:

It's repetitive because there's no variation in gameplay. At least GoW changes things up by throwing puzzles and interesting cutscenes in the mix. I think we can both agree that Bayonetta 2 has poor cutscenes and an uninteresting story. The fact that the game can be beaten by button mashing is a flaw in itself.

This and Rayman Legends are my least favorite games on my Wii U. After this it became obvious to me how meaningless metacritic really is.

I can reply with paragraphs of countering however I do not wish to make this thread even more off-topic.

Samus Aran said:

You can't beat the game while just doing button mashing, at least not after the middle of the game, not in harder difficulties. Unless, of course, you get joy from getting rock trophies, then I'm not going to argue. 

How is it a flaw, then? The game doesn't reward you in the slightest for that. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Mr.GameCrazy said:

It looks convincing, but I think it's a fake. I would be surprised if this is real though.

Edit: Besides, isn't a Nintendo game site supposed have ".nintendo" in it?

http://zelda.com/hyrule-warriors/

No, but i'm sure they all have an icon in the tabs.  

Samus Aran said:
WhiteEaglePL said:

You just don´t get it Samus, it´s just not your kind of game. Bayonetta 2 gameplay is as complex as you want, and as casual as you want too, it´s flexible,  the game is very deep, very spectacular, very intense, very polish, very challenging, it has a good amount of variety (Just look the Star Fox moment of the game) it makes you feel more powerfull than any other game i´ve played before, and Bayo is a great characer, i laugh with her. IS THE BEST HACK AND SLASH EVER MADE, if that´s not enough for you welll.... maybe is not your kind of game, that´s all, not your taste, But sometimes you have to be a little more objective. And it deserve its score.

It's fake, simply because is PlatinumGames, not Platinum Games. Might be pointless for many, but it's how it works.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first.