By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Star Fox Horizons site is up, is infact April Fool's

Goodnightmoon said:
Samus Aran said:

No, you're right. This was the first Hack & Slash game I ever bought. Played some GoW at a friend and liked that better, but still nothing amazing. I watched full let's plays of the GoW franchise though. It's something I prefer to watch instead of play. I would never watch a let's play of Bayonetta though. The whole setting repulses me.

I don't think highly of Platinum Games though (that Legend of Korra game is awful as well). And I think this whole genre is overrated and gets high scores way too easily compared to for example a good 2D platformer which gets slammed because it's not Metroid or 3D.

Like Rayman Legends with a 91 on metacritic? The same score as Bayonetta 2.

No idea how that game scored that high as well. I said good 2D platformer. ;) Not some forced gamepad shit that accounts for a third of the game.

There was a thread here once asking about the best 2D platformer on the Wii U, DKC: TF won with a landslide. Shovel Knight was second.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Like Rayman Legends with a 91 on metacritic? The same score as Bayonetta 2.

No idea how that game scored that high as well. I said good 2D platformer. ;) Not some forced gamepad shit that accounts for a third of the game.

There was a thread here once asking about the best 2D platformer on the Wii U, DKC: TF won with a landslide. Shovel Knight was second.

That doesn´t make Rayman Legends less amazing than it is. And that forced gamepad... have you play something other than the demo? Because the game is not like that, just some stages. I have it on my PC too, and there´s no gamepad forced anything, you play it normal. The game is pretty good and is plenty of content.

Goodnightmoon said:
Samus Aran said:

That doesn´t make Rayman Legends less amazing than it is. And that forced gamepad... have you play something other than the demo? Because the game is not like thta. I have it on my PC too, and there´s no gamepad forced anything, you play it normal. The game is pretty good and is plenty of content.

I own the game, played 8 hours and stopped. It's a pretty average platformer. I can't stand those shitty Murphy levels that pop up way too much. The game just didn't feel right, too floaty and poor fysics. Donkey Kong has a good weight on him, perfect physics, almost perfect contro:ls (the roll button shouldn't have been mapped to the same button as the ground pound button).

Samus Aran said:
Goodnightmoon said:

That doesn´t make Rayman Legends less amazing than it is. And that forced gamepad... have you play something other than the demo? Because the game is not like thta. I have it on my PC too, and there´s no gamepad forced anything, you play it normal. The game is pretty good and is plenty of content.

I own the game, played 8 hours and stopped. It's a pretty average platformer. I can't stand those shitty Murphy levels that pop up way too much. 

The musical levels are just brilliant.

Goodnightmoon said:
Samus Aran said:

I own the game, played 8 hours and stopped. It's a pretty average platformer. I can't stand those shitty Murphy levels that pop up way too much. 

The musical levels are just brilliant.

True, but there are only 7 or so.

It saddens me DKC: TF didn't have levels like that with original David Wise music.

Around the Network

I think it looks genuine, I must say this is pretty convincing and Star Fox will definitely replace Zelda in Winter.

Samus Aran said:
Goodnightmoon said:

I own the game, played 8 hours and stopped. It's a pretty average platformer. I can't stand those shitty Murphy levels that pop up way too much. The game just didn't feel right, too floaty and poor fysics. Donkey Kong has a good weight on him, perfect physics, almost perfect contro:ls (the roll button shouldn't have been mapped to the same button as the ground pound button).

The murphy levels are fun but they just show up when you don't want to play them. If they were all segmented away in there own section, so you didn't play them unless you wanted to, they would have been a nice addition.

Murphy is also nice when optional in multiplayer. I played some of the game with my niece who was quite young and the fact that she could switch,  on the fly, to murphy when things got hard and still help really improved our multiplay expiriance.