By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Is Hurtin' In Japan, NX Really Needs To Be Out Sooner Than Later

EricFabian said:
No, Nintendo needs support. PS4 was selling ok because every week it had 3/4 new games. That's what Wii U needs. Just release another hardware won't make new games bloom of nowhere

fixed for you. But you're right.

Around the Network

6th gen vs 8th gen Nintendo comparison

FY Mar 01-1.06m vs FY Mar 11-1.06m
FY Mar 02-6.49m vs FY Mar 12-4.79m
FY Mar 03-4.98m vs FY Mar 13-6.61m
FY Mar 04-4.14m vs FY Mar 14-5.24m
FY Mar 05-2.68m vs FY Mar 15-3.30m (thru 9 months)

So no, Nintendo is not hurting nearly as much in Japan as u want it to seem.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

EricFabian said:
No, Nintendo needs support. PS4 is selling like water because every week it has 3/4 new games. That's what Wii U needs. Just release another hardware won't make new games bloom of nowhere

Too late for that, Japanese third parties avoid Wii U like the plague. 

DQXI is likely for the PS3/PS4 IMO and once that's announced it will cause a lot more Japanese titles for the PS4 to be announced. 

Yeah, release the NX in 2016/2017 as a new handheld and that would make sense

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

zorg1000 said:
6th gen vs 8th gen Nintendo comparison

FY Mar 01-1.06m vs FY Mar 11-1.06m
FY Mar 02-6.49m vs FY Mar 12-4.79m
FY Mar 03-4.98m vs FY Mar 13-6.61m
FY Mar 04-4.14m vs FY Mar 14-5.24m
FY Mar 05-2.68m vs FY Mar 15-3.30m (thru 9 months)

So no, Nintendo is not hurting nearly as much in Japan as u want it to seem.

6th gen as in GCN-GBA era?

GBA was a bit of a different beast in Japan, the significant shift with the DS that happened is that with 3D graphics being possible on handhelds, many people in Japan started using handhelds not just as a companion device but as their main gaming console period. 

Also DS had a bit of a strange launch which initially kinda caused Nintendo's handheld momentum from the GBA to stutter during a bit of transition phase until Nintendo found their footing with Nintendogs around spring 2005. 

Around the Network

Mobile games this fall will be how they compensate >>>>

Yeah the Wii U is really dead over there with no hope of a revival. It will reach 20k on a good week, 40k-60k+ during a holiday week but its baselines is destined for <10k.

the 3DS is going down its natural path, It had a good run, feels like it burnt out faster then expected but I forget it launched in 2010. A new handheld in 2016 is a given, those who speculated that it will be the portable that syncs up with the console versus the other way round may be right, the N3DS also has me thinking this aswell. A new system with lots of Wii U ports and multiplatform titles moving forward.

The only thing i hate more than the april fools threads are the nintendoom and what nintendo needs to do threads. When golden week comes around and the xenoblade bundle (which a lot of people are holding on Wii U's for) comes around I'm sure nintendo will be hurting in japan still. -_-

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Any console in danger of falling to weekly sales of the Vita is fading... I agree with OP I don't see how the 3DS can sustain them through to 2017. Devs have maxxed it out. NX in 2016 is the only viable path and they need to cut their losses with Wii U. And that comes from a happy Wii U owner. I don't really see what they can put out to help anymore.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Soundwave said:
EricFabian said:
No, Nintendo needs support. PS4 is selling like water because every week it has 3/4 new games. That's what Wii U needs. Just release another hardware won't make new games bloom of nowhere

DQXI is likely for the PS3/PS4 IMO and once that's announced it will cause a lot more Japanese titles for the PS4 to be announced. 

Is not too late. Nintendo just need to pay, like SOny did with PS3. Is pretty simple

Click HERE and be happy 

EricFabian said:
Soundwave said:

Is not too late. Nintendo just need to pay, like SOny did with PS3. Is pretty simple

I don't think Sony really even pays that much to Japanese devs. Japanese devs like Square-Enix and Konami always cuddle up to Sony the first chance they get. 

But Sony gets console support by default too -- if Japanese devs want to make any money overseas, they basically have to support PS4. 

Wii U? Very different story.