By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki week 13 2015 (Mar 23 - 29)

kowenicki said:
Dr.Vita said:

Vita is doing alright in Japan?

I cant take you seriously then...

Vita is, and has been, a disaster in Japan.

I mean, it's not a success, but I don't think it's been a complete failure. 

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Nice to see the 3DS taking second with only 1 new game came out.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

outlawauron said:
kowenicki said:
Dr.Vita said:

Vita is doing alright in Japan?

Vita is, and has been, a disaster in Japan.

Ya, I was gonna post something like this, but I am like ehhhh.... how do I convey something is not pass or a fail. However Vita had no chance (remember the thing being argued), namely when Nintendo got the one franchise that would have helped Vita the most. 

Dr.Vita said:
kowenicki said:

Vits is, and has been, a disaster in Japan.

You call 5-10M lifetime in Japan a disaster? Well then you haven't seen Xbox, Dreamcast or GameGear sales.

Well i dont agree with the disaster part at all. But originally he's talking about a direct head to head comparison with its competitor.

That said 10mil might be reaching, 5mil-7mil is more of a better picture. 3.5years at 3.95mil

kowenicki said:
outlawauron said:

A 75% drop in install base is a faliure.

Well failure is kind of sunken ship. Vita still is floating? The problem is, everything in Japan really relative isn't gonna do well compared ot the past. 

However don't get me wrong, I don't view Vita as anything remotely being a sucessful product. It is kind of limbo....

Around the Network
Dr.Vita said:
kowenicki said:

Vits is, and has been, a disaster in Japan.

You call 5-10M lifetime in Japan a disaster? Well then you haven't seen Xbox, Dreamcast or GameGear sales.

If Vita is a disaster in Japan, I don't know how to define what XBox did and is doing now...

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Congrats PS4, and nice legs for Mario Party. Hope the upcoming Xenoblade X bundle can spark some life back into Wii U.

Well done bloodborne +PS4 i guess the real test begins now. Vita continuing its uptick in sales over the past few weeks.

hoggin' all the action, I see...

kowenicki said:
outlawauron said:

That's only if passing is matching its precedessor which would be quite delusional. 

The Vita doesn't lose money and (Japanese) publishers continue to release games on the platform. It's a niche product that has its audience and it's a good position for the parties involved.

If you only compare to previous generation(s), then yes. Both Vita and 3DS have done very badly as is the entire dedicated gaming market. The environment has changed so much that there only will be failure unless we re-align our expectations.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
kowenicki said:
outlawauron said:

That's only if passing is matching its precedessor which would be quite delusional. 

The Vita doesn't lose money and (Japanese) publishers continue to release games on the platform. It's a niche product that has its audience and it's a good position for the parties involved.

If you only compare to previous generation(s), then yes. Both Vita and 3DS have done very badly as is the entire dedicated gaming market. The environment has changed so much that there only will be failure unless we re-align our expectations.

Japan thread, 3ds is doing extremely well,