By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki week 13 2015 (Mar 23 - 29)

tbone51 said:
outlawauron said:

That's only if passing is matching its precedessor which would be quite delusional. 

The Vita doesn't lose money and (Japanese) publishers continue to release games on the platform. It's a niche product that has its audience and it's a good position for the parties involved.

If you only compare to previous generation(s), then yes. Both Vita and 3DS have done very badly as is the entire dedicated gaming market. The environment has changed so much that there only will be failure unless we re-align our expectations.

Japan thread, 3ds is doing extremely well, 

Read my post again. If you only compare to past generation......

3DS will be about 65-70% of DS. That's not doing extremely well, especially considering the numbers are propped up by all the revisions.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
tbone51 said:

3DS will be about 65-70% of DS. That's not doing extremely well, especially considering the numbers are propped up by all the revisions.

Well DS had multiple revision's so that reason should be excluded. (hell even GB because it had GBC which is why it had 30mil+)

That said it is also based on the best selling HW in japan (only 2 things were over 30mil), it is currently the 6th highest selling HW in japan of all time and its not close of being done (not to mention it'll become either 3rd or mostly 4th best seller of all time), and lastly current HH gaming is in a time where its fending off to its biggest threat (mobile/tablets/etc).

I call 3DS an extremely well seller in japan, despite the 30%-35% decline, especially when you look at some of its software :)

Edit: oh just realized the 2DS didnt release in japan, so 2 revisions only (3 if you want to be technical). and less than 2mil is N3DS

outlawauron said:
tbone51 said:

And the DS numbers aren't propped up by revision

3DS vs DS

3DS XL vs DS Lite

New 3DS vs DSi

New 3DS XL vs DSi XL

The same amount of revisions!!!!!!

70% of the best selling gaming device in history is doing extremely well no matter what way u try spinning it.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

outlawauron said:

The DS had plenty of revisions, the same amount as the 3DS in fact.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

While I was hoping for a bit more, it's about what I expected for Bloodborne. Hopefully the game has great legs.

Disgaea 5's sales are pretty sad though.

Around the Network

The Vita is neither success nor disaster. Vita is Vita, and it will continue to Vita until it can't Vita anymore.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

BlowoverKing said:
The WiiU is neither success nor disaster. Wii is U, and it will continue to PS4 until it can't WiiU anymore.

I agree :)

tbone51 said:
BlowoverKing said:
The XBO is neither success nor disaster. Xbox is One, and it will continue to Pippin until it can't Xbox anymore.

I agree :)

Now now, let's not kid ourselves when it comes to the ultra mega hyper disaster that we call the Xbox One.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

Not bad Bloodborne. Dark Souls 1 and 2 had 2x the launch numbers in Japan but I anticipate this game to have better legs.

#1 Amb-ass-ador

I knew I shouldn't trust those tsutuya numbers or whatever that came out a few days ago, it had bloodborne under onepiece pirate warriors.

(OH nvm probably combined platforms on that one.)