By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My TV died, need a replacement, what brands are good these days?

I have a LG LCD for 9 years now and I'm only starting to get problems with it now, it keeps randomly restarting itself and the only way to fix it is to unplug the tv for a few minutes. So my next purchase is likely to be a LG again, it served me well.

Around the Network

Last edited by OttoniBastos - on 20 February 2023

Last edited by OttoniBastos - on 20 February 2023

I have a 55" Samsung Curved 4K. That shut is sweet. Go with one too.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

You can't really go too far wrong with Samsung, Sony or Panasonic.

If you go for a Samsung though, I wouldn't go for anything lower than a 6-series.

Around the Network

Thanks all for your input.

Ended up getting a $500 AUD deal for a 48" JVC 1080p LED with two years warranty. Got it home, booted up Trine 2: Director's Cut on, looks like pure sex.

I've been going with Samsung for a while now. I have 3 Samsung TVs and 1 Sony TV in my house.

I'd go for a Sony or Samsung.

curl-6 said:

Thanks all for your input.

Ended up getting a $500 AUD deal for a 48" JVC 1080p LED with two years warranty. Got it home, booted up Trine 2: Director's Cut on, looks like pure sex.

JVC???  I haven't heard from those guys in a while.  They once made great Tube and Rear projection televisions.  So it seems they are still doing good with LED.  Good.

curl-6 said:

Had a TCL that lasted me 4.5 years, but it developed some mild burn-in lines in the last year before dying tonight.

I am looking for good image quality and low latency, but price is also a factor as I'm on a budget. (I probably shouldn't spend more than $600 AUD)

32" will suffice, as my old one was satisfactory at that size.

Anyone in the know?

Don't buy new Samsung or LG tv's they are inserting advertising into programs on top of the regular adds.