By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda U delayed until 2016, will not be at E3

DexInDaJungle said:
I thought the Wii U was the premiere 8th gen console guys. One game gets delayed and suddenly Nintendo doesn't know how to do anything right and you guys no longer want the console. Weren't most of you the same people who made fun of Xbox/Playstation owners for getting nothing but remasters.

Uncharted 4 got delayed a few weeks back and while a lot of people were upset, no one threw a hissy fit over it. We still have XCX this year and what about all those smaller titles Nintendo fans have been hyping up since E3, do they no longer exist?

Agreed. Just went through the whole thread and, wow, the anger is palpable.

Around the Network

I know it sucks that Zelda is delayed but lets look ahead to what we have in store for us on Wii U this year (my guesses for release months).

May-Splatoon
June-Yoshi's Woolly World
August-Xenoblade Chronicles X
September-Mario Maker
October-Devil's Third
November-Star Fox

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

what game could they announce at e3 taht will release holiday and be as big as Zelda? If they dont have any then its GTFO for holiday season...unless a price cut happens

I doubt they will release the game before promoting it again in a big event, and since Nintendo already announced that Zelda U won't be at E3 2015, second half of 2016 is my guess. Still looking forward to Star Fox, Splatoon and Rodea so I don't mind the wait, but I can understand the bad reactions to this announcement.

tbone51 said:
curl-6 said:

"Trying" isn't good enough.

Your right, so stop complaining about it.

Excuse me for wanting a steady stream of software for the system I spent $400 on.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
tbone51 said:

Excuse me for wanting a steady stream of software for the system I spent $400 on.

But you knew all these delays/problems/etc, your own fault practically. Should of bought a 3ds^

Edit: I mean There is no thirdparty and Nintendo atm could only do so much supporting 2 consoles. Better hope mobile is very successful so they can hopefully expand the gaming company.

I told you !

Well, we can only hope X wont be delayed to 2016 to outside jzpzn

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

tbone51 said:
curl-6 said:

"Trying" isn't good enough.

Personally, I think we should be complaining more. We shouldn't be having hissy fits but we should be voicing our frustrations to Nintendo. They fucked up with 3rd party and people thought that was okay since Nintendo promised a steady stream of first party but they aren't exactly living up to that promise.

They should have cushioned the blow with dates for some of the other games.

*Checks date*
Not April 1st.

*Cries*

Goodnightmoon said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

All of the major games Nintendo annouced at E3 are not coming and if they say theres no StarFox it looks like its me the PS4 and the XBone this year. The DS will be fine but the Wii U needs something because their if they have no exclusives they have nothing.  They have no third party.

Sorry, what games are you talking about?
They announced Splatoon, Xenoblade X, Mario Maker, Yoshi Woolly World, Devil´s Third, Star Fox and Zelda.

They have only delayed one, Zelda, yes, the big one, but the others are still coming, and Iwata said 2 months ago that there´s still unnanounced WiiU games for 2015 that we will know soon (E3).

This is not the end of nothing, the exclusive line-up is still very stronng, sadly the third party support is almost 0 (except for Project Cars and the Tantalus AAA port) But people buy WiiU for the exclusives, even if the biggest one is not out this year we still have several good exclusives coming, I hope people will chill out when Splatoon is out and we get some  E3 news about new game/s for this year. This is clearly an overreaction.

My mistake, I forgot about X, but Star Fox has no release date and and Zelda U was always up in the air. Its pretty much up to the mid tier games to salvage their year.