By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Buy a PS4 if you want exclusive games, says Michael Pachter

huiii said:
Paatar said:
If you want exclusives, get a Wii U. If you want multi plat third parties, get either a PS4 or Xbox One based on your personal preference.

If i want both?

OT: just get the platform(s) with the (most) games you like.

Then get both, no one is stopping you. but it was meant for the controversal thing between "only having a PS4 or Xbox One and can't have both" It's perfectly fine to have both, however, most people most likely won't.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network

The buying habits I've seen would tend to indicate that the opposite trend is actually taking place. Going by software sales of each console, it would appear that PS4 owners tend to focus more on multiplats while Xbox One owners appear to go after more of the exclusives. At least thus far anyway. Only 1 exclusive game even cracks the Top 10 on PS4's chart, and even then, not until #9. The other 9 games are all playable on other console(s). Compare that to 3 console exclusives ranking in the Top 10 on Xbox One's software sales. And of those, one of them is the 3rd highest selling game on the system..

Well you cant really argue with what he said. I mean it is a matter of taste in terms of which exclusive games that you want to play, which will ultimately change ones opinion on which console to buy. But you cant disagree with the number of exclusives that are currently coming out for the PS4 over the XB1.

He is also correct for purchasing the XB1 for multiplatform games. Although multiplatform run better on the PS4,, it is still cheaper to pick up an XB1 if those are the only types of games that you are interested in playing.

So now it's "Xbonez has no gamez!"

:-/

Anyway, sure the PS4 has more and decisively the only no ifs, but or why smash hit exclusive (Obviously the Wii U has many, I think it belong more with the PS360 than the PS4).

However for the Halo fans out there, there is no substitute, even if those who made Halo work on Destiny now....

Excuse me, I need to laugh.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

Yeah, except actually it's the exact opposite since the big third party multiplats last year sold disproportionately better on PS4 compared to Xbox, and the top selling exclusive on PS4 is its 9th best selling game while Xbox One has exclusives as 3rd, 8th and 9th best sellers (needless to say practically all Wii U bestsellers are exclusives). Considering the relative dearth of either big hitters or exceptionally well reviewed (excluding a remaster of a 2013 game) excluvives for PS4 last year, I think it's safe to say that it's success came by becoming the go-to console for non-exclusive games, rather than its exclusive lineup vs. the Xbox making the difference.

If you're concerned mostly about "exclusive software", you'll obviously buy the console that has the "exclusive software" you like...

Pachter is correct this time. It is most sensible to purchase a PS4, not only does it have more exclusives and better exclusives, but it is also a better all around machine, with better hardware and software. Basically, unless someone is a massive Halo fan, there is absolutely no reason why anyone should buy an XBox.
And with Halo migrating to PC slowly, the last reason to buy an XBox will soon go away.

His statement holds true for every console. Furthermore, the opinion seems to be that PS4 lacks the number of exclusives that the other consoles have. Not true. Retail exclusives are close for all three consoles and PS4 does have more online/digital exclusives.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Burek said:

Pachter is correct this time. It is most sensible to purchase a PS4, not only does it have more exclusives and better exclusives, but it is also a better all around machine, with better hardware and software. Basically, unless someone is a massive Halo fan, there is absolutely no reason why anyone should buy an XBox.
And with Halo migrating to PC slowly, the last reason to buy an XBox will soon go away.

Relatively speaking. Although I prefer PS4 to the other consoles I'll not say it has the "best" exclusives. Just the ones I prefer to play. 

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Vasto said:
Xbox has been the place for exclusives and that has not changed at all for me.

SO, MCC, Forzas and ?

That is it... Xbone have 4 or 5 big retail exclusives since launch.