By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Indiana Governer signs bill allowing businesses to reject gay customers.

The_Yoda said:
If we are talking only about homosexuals then I take it you fall in with the side that believes homosexuality to be biological rather than a choice?

That is correct.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network

Here is something I posted on my Facebook page:

"I love you Jesus. It's through your unconditional love of grace that I am pulled from an eternity of alienation from the Father. I just hope that you will use me to show that same love so that others can see your immanence so that they can know you, too. I say this in particular because as soon as I voice my convictions in regards to not condoning the spiritual union (marriage) of same sex couples, I will commonly be labeled as a hater, bigot, unintelligent, ignorant, etc. It seems that there is a growing trend that Christians (those who accept Jesus and Jesus alone as their Savior, NON cultural Christians) who voice their convictions are being persecuted through personal passion and legality for showing the love that Jesus showed them. Jesus loves sinners not for their sins, but because of their sins. Everyone is a sinner, and only Jesus can cover and amend that sin in our hearts. He loves thieves, adulterers, murderers, homosexuals, idolators, etc. because they all have a need for him. I have a need for him. And because of my relationship with him, he has taught me to love all sinners as hard as it can be since it's far easier to hate back than to return with love. And that includes those who are and are condoning the sin of homosexuality. Some of my greatest influences during my art studies are homosexual. I have relatives who are homosexual whom I love and respect as much as those who are heterosexual. I have neighbors who are homosexual whom I hope to get to know better. I can still love them, respect them, and accept them, but that doesn't mean I condone their sin or anyone else's sin for that matter including my own. Yet, the world wants to label me words of hate when I'm only displaying the exact opposite This is at best narrow-minded and at worst closed-minded and self-serving. I can "tolerate" them, but why not can they "tolerate" my convictions? For those Christians who think I'm too liberal in my love for sinners (in particular homosexuals in context of this status), you might need to reexamine your definition of God's grace. For those of you who cannot accept my Biblical convictions of only condoning marriage (the becoming of one flesh) between male and female, you need to stop taking out your convictions on everyone else who doesn't share your lifestyle."

Jesus teaches love, wisdom, and discernment. Jesus is progressive. Jesus is anti-religious. It takes His grace alone to have an open heart that goes well beyond the false comforts of narrow human hypocritical reasoning.

The_Yoda said:
Skullwaker said:

There is no hypocrisy to be found. The difference between hating someone for something they can't change and hating someone for their own actions is astounding. 

If we are talking only about homosexuals then I take it you fall in with the side that believes homosexuality to be biological rather than a choice?

It is not a belief that homosexuality exists in nature, it is a fact. There are thousands of animals in the animal kingdom that are homosexual. Even your dog could be.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
FunFan said:

I wonder if the Illinois State Tax Commission agrees with you.

I said it doesnt need to be a business, not that couldn't be. Generally those fees are used to make sure specific people  in a class are in there. Is there a monthly fee?

Sorry. Missinterpreted you. Anyway, no Idea. I just consider anything involving paying money, a business. But If this may not be considered a business, then the Church may not be a business either for similar reasons.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

LivingMetal said:

Worth noting that marriage isn't strictly a religious institution and virtually none of these debates are focused on the religious right to get married. Marriage in these discussions is a legal institution. This means that it provided the couple a certain set of rights due to their joined status. These rights are what they debate over gay marriage is focused upon. Arguing that they should not have these rights because of your religion is not a valid argument, as your religious beliefs should have no say over how the goverment should do its business (see the separation of church and state).

Your problem is that you are tying the religious institution and the legal institution into one bundle, when in reality they are two separate things.

Around the Network
FunFan said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I said it doesnt need to be a business, not that couldn't be. Generally those fees are used to make sure specific people  in a class are in there. Is there a monthly fee?

Sorry. Missinterpreted you. Anyway, no Idea. I just consider anything involving paying money, a business. But If this may not be considered a business, then the Church may not be a business either for similar reasons.

Churches are considered non-profit entities. They operate like businesses though and seem to cause great wealth to be accumilated by charismatic speakers/businessmen. Joel Osteen? Creflo-Dollar? Just two names amongst man who have become filthy rich off of people barely scraping by in life. 

If you've ever watched "One Percent" there are invitation only meetings between the rich teaching the rich how to grow to greater wealth and was open about not keeping people under a certain income bracket out. 

LivingMetal said:

"I love you Jesus. It's through your unconditional love of grace that I am pulled from an eternity of alienation from the Father. I just hope that you will use me to show that same love so that others can see your immanence so that they can know you, too. I say this in particular because as soon as I voice my convictions in regards to not condoning the spiritual union (marriage) of same sex couples, I will commonly be labeled as a hater, bigot, unintelligent, ignorant, etc. It seems that there is a growing trend that Christians (those who accept Jesus and Jesus alone as their Savior, NON cultural Christians) who voice their convictions are being persecuted through personal passion and legality for showing the love that Jesus showed them. Jesus loves sinners not for their sins, but because of their sins. Everyone is a sinner, and only Jesus can cover and amend that sin in our hearts. He loves thieves, adulterers, murderers, homosexuals, idolators, etc. because they all have a need for him. I have a need for him. And because of my relationship with him, he has taught me to love all sinners as hard as it can be since it's far easier to hate back than to return with love. And that includes those who are and are condoning the sin of homosexuality. Some of my greatest influences during my art studies are homosexual. I have relatives who are homosexual whom I love and respect as much as those who are heterosexual. I have neighbors who are homosexual whom I hope to get to know better. I can still love them, respect them, and accept them, but that doesn't mean I condone their sin or anyone else's sin for that matter including my own. Yet, the world wants to label me words of hate when I'm only displaying the exact opposite This is at best narrow-minded and at worst closed-minded and self-serving. I can "tolerate" them, but why not can they "tolerate" my convictions? For those Christians who think I'm too liberal in my love for sinners (in particular homosexuals in context of this status), you might need to reexamine your definition of God's grace. For those of you who cannot accept my Biblical convictions of only condoning marriage (the becoming of one flesh) between male and female, you need to stop taking out your convictions on everyone else who doesn't share your lifestyle."

Jesus teaches love, wisdom, and discernment. Jesus is progressive. Jesus is anti-religious. It takes His grace alone to have an open heart that goes well beyond the false comforts of narrow human hypocritical reasoning.

Jesus does teach a belief system in him. For instance, "no one shall enter heaven but through me". The words of a religious leader. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
The_Yoda said:
Skullwaker said:

There is no hypocrisy to be found. The difference between hating someone for something they can't change and hating someone for their own actions is astounding. 

It is not a belief that homosexuality exists in nature, it is a fact. There are thousands of animals in the animal kingdom that are homosexual. Even your dog could be.

Sorry if I don't trust your "facts" what happens to a strictly homosexual species ... do they live past a single generation?

The_Yoda said:

Sorry if I don't trust your "facts" what happens to a strictly homosexual species ... do they live past a single generation?

A. There are a lot of species who don't follow the heterosexual pattern of human reproduction, typically through asexual reproduction, hermaphroditic reproduction or a variety of other reproduction patterns.

B. I don't think anyone was saying that the species were "strictly" homosexual. Just that there have been numerous cases of homosexual in typically heterosexual species.

The_Yoda said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

There are currently 1,500 known species that display homosexuality in nature. The great thing about science and education is that you can actually study and  confirm things instead of just blindly believing. 

Its so interesting that you demand facts given your position.

http://www.news-medical.net/news/2006/10/23/1500-animal-species-practice-homosexuality.aspx