By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction - Halo 5 will sell more in 2015 than Uncharted 4 lifetime

Plain stupid.

Hunting Season is done...

Around the Network

Bloodborne did outsell Halo MCC its crazy^^ Playstation Domination

Roronaa_chan said:
theprof00 said:
Roronaa_chan said:

With 20M consoles i see it selling 7M, enough to beat U4 LTD.

Uncharted? It won't even outsell mgs5

What do you mean even? MGS5 will outsell U4. So even if MGS5 > Halo 5, Halo 5 still > U4.

@TheBlackNaruto I'd say 5M

Uncharted 4 will suffer because:

• It comes out after ROTR, leaving less room for impressing people.
  • It won't live up to TLOU; it can't.
  • It doesn't launch during an holiday period, unlike the previous games, rendering direct number comparisons inaccurate, and also causing lost sales, because not all purchases that'd have been made in 2015 will simply "move up" to 2016; a portion will just disappear and never happen.
  • It's supposed to launch in the same timeframe as SF5 and Horizon

Haha ROTR won't even be half the game UC is. The first one sucked. See no reason to beleive this one will be any different. TLoU is a different franchise so that won't matter. GTA5 didn't live up to RDR but no one cared.

This is actually an interesting prediction. It could happen, especially if Halo 5 releases in September, but I don't think it will.

Hang on, people are stating that Uncharted needs to sell 7 million in its lifetime based on what the Halo series sold on a console that at the time all 3 were released, had a significantly amount more consoles in the wild, really?

People seem to be forgetting that by the time Halo 5 hits, the Xbox will have what...15 million consoles worldwide? Halo 5, no matter how good it is, will not hit the sales of the previous ones simply because the userbase this time around is a hell of a lot smaller.

PREDICTIONS FOR END OF 2015: (Made Jan 1st 2015)

PS4 - 34M - XB1 - 21m - WII U -12M

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
Imo, Halo 5 will sell a lot better than Uncharted 4 first year, but lifetime Uncharted 4 will have a better legs.
The difference will be around ~500,000 lifetime.
My prediction:
Halo 5: 8,000,000
Uncharted 4: 7,500,000

And nope, i dno't see Halo 5 to sell 7,500,000 first year... nothing Halo have sold this number's.

I believe Jay mentioned earlier that Halo 3 sold 6.8 million in it's first year.

EpicAndy said:
Uncharted 4 will sell more in 24hours than halo in Lifetime,2016 the Ps4 has near 40mio User and the xbox 14--15mio

You're either sarcastic and I can't tell or just really really confident in UC4.

Besides, the PS4 will NOT have 40m sales by this time next year.. 30-35m maybe but not 40m. I won't even comment on the Xbox One numbers lol

kristianity77 said:
Hang on, people are stating that Uncharted needs to sell 7 million in its lifetime based on what the Halo series sold on a console that at the time all 3 were released, had a significantly amount more consoles in the wild, really?

People seem to be forgetting that by the time Halo 5 hits, the Xbox will have what...15 million consoles worldwide? Halo 5, no matter how good it is, will not hit the sales of the previous ones simply because the userbase this time around is a hell of a lot smaller.

The Xbox 360 had around 13m consoles sold in November of 2007 when Halo 3 launched. Similar numbers.

Edit: This site really needs a multi quote button.

TheGoldenBoy said:
This is actually interesting prediction. It could happen, especially if Halo 5 releases in September, but I don't think it will.

That's my only reservation, really. If it's a November release i'm borked.

Roronaa_chan said:

Remove bundled copies and Uncharted goes under MGS. MGS5 will sell more than U4, that's pretty much a given.. I didn't think anyone believed otherwise.

How is it given that MGS 5 will sell more than UC4 on the PS4? The "demo" Ground Zeroes has moved around 1 million in one year and The Phantom Pain will release on five different platforms; that's not exactly helping. MGS4 was exclusive the PS3 and among its top sellers, selling about 6 million, which is less than both UC2 and UC3 on the same platform. or are you counting all platforms sales for the sake of having it beat UC4? That's makes even less sense.

People should be forgiven for thinking otherwise, I don't think you've thought this through properly at all.