By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction - Halo 5 will sell more in 2015 than Uncharted 4 lifetime

Xbox fails everytime vs Playstation,Playstation is a Legend since 20 years and the xbox is nothing^^

User was moderated for this post - Conegamer

Around the Network
Burek said:
I seriously doubt it. Both Halo and XBox are brands on the decline, while PS4, Uncharted and Naughty Dogs are the present and future of gaming. Simply put in numbers, by this fall Halo will barely have a 15 million install base to sell to, while Uncharted will be a mega blockbuster selling to about 40-45 million gamers worldwide.
Halo 5 will be the lowest selling Halo ever, especially if it releases with a broken multiplayer again.

Halo CE sold around a few million (never confirmed, just guessing) and Halo 2 sold around 6 million. Halo 5 could easily sell 10 million WW Lifetime.

EpicAndy said:
Xbox fails everytime vs Playstation,Playstation is a Legend since 20 years and the xbox is nothing^^

I'd be careful putting posts like this. Trolling is tooken very seriously by vgchartz mods, and well pretty much fits it...

Comment Removed - Conegamer

roronasin_n said:

Id me even more careful with that signature, that signature screams trolling even more and says im a xbooooooooooot

sad kid, ill give u a  cookie

Your going to be IP banned in 15 mins, so have fun...

Around the Network

Let's try and return on topic please.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Honestly I'm fine with this being locked, I did not know there'd posts like that. I don't want normal users banned (lol at the impersonator though..) The prediction is "made" and on my sig, if I'm wrong then whoever wants to can make fun of it on my wall, If i'm right, then I'm just right. There have been arguments from both sides supporting different possibilities and I'm not sure there's much to add to either of them, specially considering many of them (including mine) are grounded in "belief" or additional, not directly related, predictions, so It's not like there can be a battle of facts that is suddenly going to close the subject (and that's the case with most predictions anyway). As already stated in the OP I'll leave the predictions to my sig instead of new topics, people can still see it and discuss them if they so desire, whether on the wall or PM.

I'll say it's pretty silly to a) accuse me of being anti-Sony/Pro-XB and b) treat it like this is a joke or troll attempt when 1) Vita is my favorite console and that can easily be seen in this forum, 2) Other people in this topic have provided good points as to why it's not an unreasonable prediction. I don't think I'm a lunatic. And putting aside all biases, I think that, generally speaking, most people are underestimating Halo 5 and overestimating Uncharted 4, solely based on the X1 + PS4 battle, forgetting that a battle of games is one thing, while a battle of systems is another.

End of the year Xb one should have an install base of about 20 million. I expect UC4 to sell about 7 million. Attach rate for Halo 5 will need to be about 35%. Halo's best attach rate ever was Halo 2 with 34.4%.

Can Halo 5 really achieve a better attach rate than Halo 2? I don't think that's likely. But because of the nature of Halo, Halo 5 will have the highest attach rate behind Halo 2 by the fact that the Xbox 360 Halos are on a console that has a far higher install base than Xb one will ever achieve.

UC4 LTD will most likely be achieved in 2017, by that time PS4 should be well over 50 million. Giving a 7 million UC4 an attach rate of a quite achievable 14%

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix