By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon 1080p 60fps? And If so what does this say about Nintendo's future titles on Wii U?

b00moscone said:
Miyamotoo said:
b00moscone said:
vivster said:

Well, now you know for the future. If you think any (3D)game is 1080p60 on Wii U, it's probably not.

Yep. Bu I think its a shame that in some cases the next-gen consoles can't have native 1080p on their games. I hope the NX will handle solid 1080p 30/60fps depending on game with amazing textures. I would be happy with that.

With Wii U Nintendo goal was 720p/60Fps, I am pretty sure their aim is 1080p/60Fps with next console.

I sure hope so! :P

Evan now with Wii U they have WW HD 1080p/30fps and Smash 1080p/60fps, but yes majority of Nintendo Wii U games are 720p/60fps,

so 1080p/60fps for their next hardware is safe bet.

Around the Network

Gamexplain always do that, they capture at 1080p even if the console isnt outputting it, its just so they can tag it 1080p and get more search hits

I rather have 1080/60 exclusives than third party support lololol

Note: it's not an important fact that most Wii U exclusives reach that resolution/framerate on the machine's very low end hardware because they are poor from a technical point of view

Tachikoma said:
Gamexplain always do that, they capture at 1080p even if the console isnt outputting it, its just so they can tag it 1080p and get more search hits

Ah ok. I doubted It mean't that the actual game was 1080p/60fps, but I just wanted to note it :P

Never-the-less, the footage they captured looks pretty good :)

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

it look 720p with no anti aliasing but i am sure it will be 60fps.

Around the Network

It will be 720p/60fps, like the majority of Nintendo's Wii U titles. 

Tachikoma said:

Youtube compress based on the resolution though. Upscaling to 1080p first before uploading to Youtube is pretty standard to minimise compression.

I can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p, so I don't care tbh

bunchanumbers said:
1080p isn't a issue anymore. Since the twins struggle with it there is no point in trying to push the Wii U to that resolution. The frame rate news is wonderful though. It means that the gameplay will be the focus.

PS4 doesn't struggle with 1080p at all, as long as the fps is set at 30. The majority of PS4's 30fps games are 1080p. Pretty sure every exclusive PS4 game that is 30fps is 1080p.

The holy grail of 1080p/60fps requires too many compromises on other visual elements for it to be worthwhile most of the time.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

I hope it's 4K at 10FPS