By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon 1080p 60fps? And If so what does this say about Nintendo's future titles on Wii U?

snowdog said:
The vast majority of people can't tell the difference between 720p native upscaled to 1080p and 1080p native anyway tbh.

its harder to tell in some games than in others, and nintendo games are the ones that scale realy well. 

Around the Network

All that would mean is that the team they put on this game did a great job and should probably be given a chance at a sequel with a larger budget.

Also I hear this team mostly worked on Animal Crossing before this game, so if they ever go about doing a Wii U Animal Crossing (which I doubt since the last two really successful games in that series were most popular on handhelds so it is likely to be kept on Nintendo handhelds in the future) it will be glorious to look at.

NoirSon said:
All that would mean is that the team they put on this game did a great job and should probably be given a chance at a sequel with a larger budget.

Also I hear this team mostly worked on Animal Crossing before this game, so if they ever go about doing a Wii U Animal Crossing (which I doubt since the last two really successful games in that series were most popular on handhelds so it is likely to be kept on Nintendo handhelds in the future) it will be glorious to look at.

It's made by the studio that normally makes AC yes, but Nintendo has said that the dev team consists out of young people who just finished with their first HD game on the Wii U (Pikmin 3, NSMBU, Nintendoland, etc.)

I'm pretty sure the normal team is making another AC and will arrive sooner than most people think.

Zekkyou said:
EpicLight said:
Most Nintendo games are at 1080 anyway.. I'm just super curious about Xenoblade X. We've seen mixed amount of video quality and it seems to hold at 1080 given the official trailers, but I'm not quite sold on 60fps

Nintendo have only developed 2 1080p retail titles; WWHD and SSBU.

And New Super Mario/Luigi U

Goodnightmoon said:
Zekkyou said:

Nintendo have only developed 2 1080p retail titles; WWHD and SSBU.

Nah, those are 720p. They should've been 1080p with graphics that poor though.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Then they should have a good AA because they really seem 1080p

Goodnightmoon said:
Samus Aran said:

Then they should have a good AA because they really seem 1080p

They use the same AA method as Mario 3D World and Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker. 

Samus Aran said:

Nintendo has said that the dev team consists out of young people who just finished with their first HD game on the Wii U (Pikmin 3, NSMBU, Nintendoland, etc.)

Goes to show the value that lies in getting young, fresh blood to try something new.