By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Opinion: 8th generation is the worst generation in video game history

Tachikoma said:
pokoko said:

Nah, it's pretty apt, you just don't like it.  You didn't even try to rationalize why it doesn't work so I'll chalk that up as a win.  After all, it simply comes down to media being re-released so that more people can enjoy it.  Period.  my god.

Honestly, I think your complaints about more games being made avaliable to more people are silly and meaningless.  On the list of things to complain about, this one is just mind-boggling. 

His focus on PlayStation is telling, completely ignoring the fact that the Xbox, WiiU and 3DS have multiple remasters, too.

everybody is focusing on sony, not just me. read the posts. we are all using sony as an example because something needs to be used as an example. for example: "why not just port all ps3 games to ps4" yes, i used sony bcause that is the common example that we are using throughout this thread to make points. everybody is talking about sony, and everybody also  knows that x1 is getting these remasters as well

Around the Network
Emperorbach said:

YOU NEED TO MAKE A THREAD ABOUT THE GOOD AND BAD NINTENDO DID TO GAMING WHILE SAVING IT !! people need to know

I don't want to get banned.  This forum has a large population that wants to believe the period between the Atari 2600 and the PS1 was nothing but kittens and rainbows.

This thread seems worryingly familiar.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Barkley said:
RubberWhistleHistle said:

a blatant lie, huh? why dont you explain to me how the thread title is a lie. im sure this will be interesting.

You really don't understand that a subjective opinion cannot be a fact?

The thread title is not a fact, it's a lie.

You think that this is the worst generation in video game history, fact.

This is the worst generation in video game history, opinion.

If you don't understand the title is an opinion not a fact as it is labelled then how can anyone take you seriously in a debate.

so because something isnt a fact, that makes it a lie? people can interpret the title however they want.. going as far as saying that makes it a LIE. hmm.. sounds like your own interpretation. you didnt really prove your case. isnt a lie made in order to deceive people? what is so deceptive about the thread title? were you fooled when you read it? your argument is a little ridiculous.

and it is hard to debate with like 5 people at once, im trying my best.

Tachikoma said:

His focus on PlayStation is telling, completely ignoring the fact that the Xbox, WiiU and 3DS have multiple remasters, too.

everybody is focusing on sony, not just me. read the posts. we are all using sony as an example because something needs to be used as an example. for example: "why not just port all ps3 games to ps4" yes, i used sony bcause that is the common example that we are using throughout this thread to make points. everybody is talking about sony, and everybody also  knows that x1 is getting these shitty remasters as well

Where were your complaint threads for these?

Around the Network

I'm changing the thread title. It's not a fact, it's opinion. That's been the only avenue of discussion and it's silly. I hope this will be enough to avoid locking the thread.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Barkley said:

You really don't understand that a subjective opinion cannot be a fact?

The thread title is not a fact, it's a lie.

You think that this is the worst generation in video game history, fact.

This is the worst generation in video game history, opinion.

If you don't understand the title is an opinion not a fact as it is labelled then how can anyone take you seriously in a debate.

so because something isnt a fact, that makes it a lie? people can interpret the title however they want.. going as far as saying that makes it a LIE. hmm.. sounds like your own interpretation. you didnt really prove your case. isnt a lie made in order to deceive people? what is so deceptive about the thread title? were you fooled when you read it? your argument is a little ridiculous.

and it is hard to debate with like 5 people at once, im trying my best.

What no!?!?!?

The title states that "8th generation is the wrost generation in video game history" is a FACT.

It's not a FACT, it's an opinion. Saying something is a fact when it is not a fact is a lie. You just said yourself that it isn't a fact then stop saying it is in the title.

JazzB1987 said:

I agree.

Just ignore the people that disagree with you for the sake of disagreeing or because they can "have arguments with anonymous strangers"

Its almost 1.5y since the new consoles launched and we have not even half the amount of good games on both consoles combined we had on the Dreamcast within its first year. (the console that arguably was such a failure that Sega died)

One would think that after the industry had 15+years to mature even more (after the DC) with 2 juggernaught consoles which had predecessors that sold roughly 90m consoles each. That at least one of the new consoles would have a great library by now let alone both but thats not the case at all.

Today not games sell systems its marketing and lies, fanboys (and their word of mouth) and even more nonsense.

Tachikoma said:

Do you really compare OOT3D/LylatWars 3D  WindWakerHD and Halo Master Chief collection (products that had effort put into them)
To Stuff like TheLastOfUs (framerate does not suck this time edition) and the upcoming GOW3? (both being upress ports)
Its two different types of products.

Its like comparing person A who repainted Mona Lisa  to person B who just photographed Mona Lisa and then just printed out the copy.

I don't agree. And again, he refers to 'Generation', not the first 1 year and half, even though PS4, X1 and WiiU already got plenty of good games : TitanFall, Infamous SS, Forza Horizon 2, DC, Bloodborne, Far Cry4, Dragon Age : I, Shadow of Mordor, COD : AW, GTAV Remastered, NBA 2K 15, Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros, Bayonetta2, Super Mario 3D World, etc etc etc.

'Fact' does not mean what you like or believe : these are our opinions.  Don't you agree ?

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

pokoko said:

Nah, it's pretty apt, you just don't like it.  You didn't even try to rationalize why it doesn't work so I'll chalk that up as a win.  After all, it simply comes down to media being re-released so that more people can enjoy it.  Period.  my god.

Honestly, I think your complaints about more games being made avaliable to more people are silly and meaningless.  On the list of things to complain about, this one is just mind-boggling. 

im not going to describe the differences between the two. you should be able to determine that for yourself. in fact, if you just asked anybody on here what the differences are, leaving out the context of the situation, they will tell you plenty of differences. if you want to chalk that up as a win, be my guest. i couldnt care less. 

Yeah, about what I figured.  

I agree almost 100% with the OP. If that had been my rant, it would have been an even longer read.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs