By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bloodborne Playthrough & Discoveries Thread

Why don't the shops sell any useful material? They never have anything I need. I am at the end of this game and the shop is pretty much empty in the material department.

This game is too much of a hassle to do the chalices to get that one optional boss.

I'll finish the game and never return to it. 8/10 in my book. Good game, hope to see a sequel.

Around the Network
cannonballZ said:
Why don't the shops sell any useful material? They never have anything I need. I am at the end of this game and the shop is pretty much empty in the material department.

This game is too much of a hassle to do the chalices to get that one optional boss.

I'll finish the game and never return to it. 8/10 in my book. Good game, hope to see a sequel.

This is my issue right now, trying to clear the pthumeru chalice dungeons but they all require so much garbage to open them.  Haven't jumped into the multiplayer aspect of them though, that's probably the only way to go as far as farming these materials goes.

cannonballZ said:

The materials you can get are on the chalice dungeons themselves...

And the shop sells useful stuff if you join the covenants! But you can't buy materials! You just have to grind them sadly.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:

The materials you can get are on the chalice dungeons themselves...

And the shop sells useful stuff if you join the covenants! But you can't buy materials! You just have to grind them sadly.

I've searched through all the dungeons more than once, at least the ones I can access. I cannot find any coldblood flowerbud. However, I did find some in nightmare frontier. I only need one more, I am giving it one last go before I fight Gehrman.  I have the three pieces of umbilical cord already, I just need the optional boss from the chalice dungeons. 

Been grinding for days looking for stuff. One of the things I need is in the Ailing Loran Chalice dungeon but I need coldblood flowerbud in order to perform the ritual. They didn't make it easy at all to find things. Enemies don't often drop the items you're looking for.

I think if you work through the chalice dungeons the materials slowly open up in the shops. Right now I can buy ritual blood levels 1 or 2, and the intuition merchant sells the coldblood flowerbluds you are looking to farm, but I don't know what unlocked that.

Around the Network
Torillian said:
I think if you work through the chalice dungeons the materials slowly open up in the shops. Right now I can buy ritual blood levels 1 or 2, and the intuition merchant sells the coldblood flowerbluds you are looking to farm, but I don't know what unlocked that.

Insights... but you won't see strong materials :P

You will need to farm hours to get a Pure Bladestone.

I had no idea there was another bath merchant until Torillian just mentioned it.

Thank you, it did indeed have the flowerbud I needed.

Ailing Loran dungeon awaits.

Can't find Eileen Crow for the quest, not sure what happened, I wanna get the blade of mercy but can't find her, went to the sewer area etc and she's not there..

NavyNut said:
Can't find Eileen Crow for the quest, not sure what happened, I wanna get the blade of mercy but can't find her, went to the sewer area etc and she's not there..

How far have you progressed in the game?  If you're past central yharnam and in the cathedral she won't be there, but may show up in the ward.  If you're further than that then you're probably too far in the game and missed her quest line.

I dind't do Eillen quest and she ended up going beserk :(
So I killed her, able to buy her equipment from the messenger...

Also beat the one reborn; fight took much than I thought as I didn't know you can ill the witches until my 5th try. Also beat the saughter of the cosmos, man wa she a pain in the ass