By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bloodborne Playthrough & Discoveries Thread

veritaz said:
GamechaserBE said:
The second boss and the optional Cainhurst castle boss were the most difficult for me. The second boss beast mode was so easy to kill me easy in a second with being so frenzy... And the cainhurst castle one is seriously a pain...

Wait until the later chalice dungeon bosses. By far the hardest part about the game.

I did them =p. Some chalice dungeons are insane but the bosses are mostly just More life + more damage if they hit you.   If you die it is mostly because of a mistake but I don't have that feeling with the second boss and cainhurst castle boss who are so frenzy I never will kill them without them getting hit like I can do some other bosses in the chalice dungeons :s

Around the Network
GamechaserBE said:
veritaz said:

Wait until the later chalice dungeon bosses. By far the hardest part about the game.

I did them =p. Some chalice dungeons are insane but the bosses are mostly just More life + more damage if they hit you.   If you die it is mostly because of a mistake but I don't have that feeling with the second boss and cainhurst castle boss who are so frenzy I never will kill them without them getting hit like I can do some other bosses in the chalice dungeons :s

You completed the whole defiled dungeon and the one with the queen after it? I'm surprised if you did considering those are the only places that gave me trouble and I 1 shot or 2 shot every boss in the main campaigne except for the cainhurst castle boss who was a pain at first. The abhorrent beast in the loran chalice dungeon is the 2nd boss frenzy but wayyyyy harder. He is the 2nd form but on steroids. Some bosses in the chalice dungeon weren't just more life and damage like the watchdog and the descendant in the defile dungeon and the one after it. The dog can easily kill you with a charge by doing 2 in a row that were not dodgable for me so it was huge rng. The descendant was just dumb as hell in his 2nd phase. He had absolutely no tell for his attacks so you have to actually see the future to dodge them.

beat Martyr Logarius...wasn't so bad, beat him on my first try, he did make my lose many of my vials, but he was ridiculously easy to parry. The only annoying part was that shooting sword magic he did,

Decided to hold off on actually completing the main storyline, and going to NG+ as a result, until I do preeeetty much everything I can in the regular game, with the possible exception of saving Chalices for NG+. So trying to acquire every weapon and useful item I can find, level up a whole bunch, and only have one more optional boss to go; bummer is that the exploding star magic item I found is one I'm unlikely to be able to use due to it requiring an Arcane skill of 40. =P

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

Soriku said:
veritaz said:

You completed the whole defiled dungeon and the one with the queen after it? I'm surprised if you did considering those are the only places that gave me trouble and I 1 shot or 2 shot every boss in the main campaigne except for the cainhurst castle boss who was a pain at first. The abhorrent beast in the loran chalice dungeon is the 2nd boss frenzy but wayyyyy harder. He is the 2nd form but on steroids. Some bosses in the chalice dungeon weren't just more life and damage like the watchdog and the descendant in the defile dungeon and the one after it. The dog can easily kill you with a charge by doing 2 in a row that were not dodgable for me so it was huge rng. The descendant was just dumb as hell in his 2nd phase. He had absolutely no tell for his attacks so you have to actually see the future to dodge them.

Wht weapon are you using to 1-2 shot every boss?

I used the saw cleaver as the starting wep followed by kirkhammer and now the Ludwigs holy blade. I would have loved to use blades of mercy and the bad ass looking burial blade scythe but they sadly use arcane. My arcane stat is only 9.

Around the Network

it just hit me that the review thread has more posts than the actual bloodborne thread....were people more hyped for the games scores than the game itself?

Soriku said:
veritaz said:

I used the saw cleaver as the starting wep followed by kirkhammer and now the Ludwigs holy blade. I would have loved to use blades of mercy and the bad ass looking burial blade scythe but they sadly use arcane. My arcane stat is only 9.

I also used Ludwig, but I wasn't able to 1-2 shot any of the story bosses even if I got them with the R2 charge. So do you have super high stats, or what are you doing different?

I didn't mean I killed them in 1-2 shots with my weapon. I was talking about beating most of the bosses on my first or 2nd try lol

arcane_chaos said:
it just hit me that the review thread has more posts than the actual bloodborne thread....were people more hyped for the games scores than the game itself?

It is nice seeing a game you're hyped for get good scores so it's understandable the review thread got a lot of discussion.

Soriku said:
veritaz said:

I also used Ludwig, but I wasn't able to 1-2 shot any of the story bosses even if I got them with the R2 charge. So do you have super high stats, or what are you doing different?

I think when he saw two shots he means 2 tries. Not two hits.  My 2nd char has 1 shot everyboss exept Longinus (tried to do Cainhurst before I did Shadow of Yarnem)

Also, this blew my mind when I noted it. If  you wanted to Amydgala could be the 2nd boss of the game. Fucking nuts right.  

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

tokilamockingbrd said:
Soriku said:

I think when he saw two shots he means 2 tries. Not two hits.  My 2nd char has 1 shot everyboss exept Longinus (tried to do Cainhurst before I did Shadow of Yarnem)

Also, this blew my mind when I noted it. If  you wanted to Amydgala could be the 2nd boss of the game. Fucking nuts right.  

Wouldn´t you have to get past that Father guy and Amelia first?